Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: 32GB Galaxy S3 is merely a 16GB with a 16GB Micro SD Card?

I bought the 16GB. For me, the 12GB of free space is plenty for apps. I don't keep but a couple of casual games on my phone, so I don't need the space for that. Angry Birds and Sprinkle don't really take up that much room.

All my media (music, movies), pictures, larger documents I keep with me, etc., go on to the 64GB card I bought for the price difference between the 16GB and 32GB models.

And in 18 months or less I'll be wanting something new anyway, so I just didn't see the need for the 32GB model given the SD card slot.
    32GB Nexus 5 32GB Nexus 7

wooooooooot changed two 16 GB phones for two 32 GB phones today. Business account so no restock fees!!! I am a happy camper with my 32 GB SD card as well!
    F34R likes this.
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lorroth1 View Post
    wooooooooot changed two 16 GB phones for two 32 GB phones today. Business account so no restock fees!!! I am a happy camper with my 32 GB SD card as well!
    Congrats!! Perseverance wins!
    Thanked by:
    Lorroth1 likes this.

Hi! I have a canadian 16gb S3 and i have heard that i can only fit a 32gb card in it...and i bought a 64 gb for it is there a fix for this...i have not tried it yet still waiting for my 64gb card...this is all very confusing...have you heard anything about this...thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by laserrr View Post
    Hi! I have a canadian 16gb S3 and i have heard that i can only fit a 32gb card in it...and i bought a 64 gb for it is there a fix for this...i have not tried it yet still waiting for my 64gb card...this is all very confusing...have you heard anything about this...thanks...
    I think you'll be fine. I have a 16 gb gs3 on Verizon and my 64 gb sd card works fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I bought the gs3 16gb, I wasn't aware that you can't move applications to the sd card then. But 16gb is a lot of space for applications, my gs3 is using just less than one gb. All my pictures and music are stored in the external sd card, Imo, is not a problem. I would like to get it rooted just to get rid of all the bloatware though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

The lady at verizon is an *****. I had to get my 32 GB version at Best buy Mobile. And it has an empty sd card slot. People at the verizon store will tell you whatever they can to try and get a sale. They are idiots who usually don't know the difference between ram and internal storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfranchise33 View Post
    The lady at verizon is an *****. I had to get my 32 GB version at Best buy Mobile. And it has an empty sd card slot. People at the verizon store will tell you whatever they can to try and get a sale. They are idiots who usually don't know the difference between ram and internal storage.
    Moral of all this, do your homework. The sales reps at verizon are complete idiots with pretty much no training and all own iphones. I had to argue with the sales rep that you couldnt move apps into the sd card. I made him "show" me how to move them and after about an hour comes back and tells me "dude you cant move apps to the sd card" Then they decide to tell me the 32 gb model just is a 16 gb model with a 16 gb sd card. By this time I was pissed and made them wave the $100 restocking fee! (I came in wanting the 32 gb model, left with a 16 gb model, came back wanting the 32 gb model). So whatever you do don't take the sales reps advice and tips unless they seem to know a lot about the phone.

verizon store retailer told me the same thing. 16gb with a 16 gb card

I can't believe someone hasn't come up with a mod to allow us to move apps to the sd card. Seems stupid not to be able to do this like any other device.
    Chicks Dig The Long Ball
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123