Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Screen won't rotate at all

Quote Originally Posted by cviolo View Post
    Everyone is talking about a whole bunch of steps that they took before they took their battery out and waited 30 seconds. All these steps are unnecessary. All you have to do is turn your settings > display > turn off Auto-Rotate screen then take the battery out, wait 30 seconds or so, turn your phone on, turn Auto-Rotate screen on, and it should work. I had this problem and read so many suggestions all of them different with one similarity, everyone takes their battery out and waits 30 seconds. That is the main step. Hope this helps some people.
    Thanks dude! that's the only thing that worked for me!

You have to make sure that auto-rotate is off, pull the battery out, and count to 30, pop the battery back in, turn it on and you should be all set
    Thanked by:
    luqmanhakim likes this.

Thanks for the help. I took my battery out before to no avail. It did it again when in odin mode. Upon startup my screen rotated normally as it should.

My auto rotate box periodically unchecks itself. It's an easy fix in that I just have to go back and recheck the box but its still irritating that it does that.

I was having the same issue and all i did was refer to this forum and tried what was suggested about placing the phone on ODIN mode and it worked fine. thanks guys....

I need help!!! my phone wont rotate at all.. and the camera is stock horizontally and i dont know how to fix it.. i have tried turning it off.. unchecking but i dont know waht Odin mode is... help

Smile Re: Screen won't rotate at all

Just wondering if everyone turend of the function that prevents rotation by keeping track of your eyes.
    It could be that that function is preventing the screen to rotate.

Not sure if this is usefull or not.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

go back a page and look at post #12.

thank you so much it worked for me , ju3anonationioniomnoingnm

got my s3 in December 2013, had no rotation as of yesterday, keyboard or anything else.
    I just tried the odin method and it worked. i just wanted to say thank you to this forum.

I started having same issues with my galaxy s3. I never had any problems with rotation of screen but started last night with no reason. I haven't changed anything on the phone and I didn't install any new application but screen wouldn't go to landscape position. The I checked everything restarted several times, battery pulled several times no luck. I had all galaxy line phones but never had same issues. I am really upset about it. Please help if you experienced same issues.

Thank you so much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

1st Post: I joined the forum specifically to inform you all that I had this problem and fixed it thanks to the forum. Backstory: On just day 3 of owning by Galaxy S3 the auto rotate stopped working. I tried EVERY single method listed on this forum except for the ODIN mode method (because it seemed the most difficult). Of course, none of those methods (resets, battery out for 30 sec, check/uncheck, etc.) worked. Finally, I gave in and tried the ODIN method - BINGO...my phone finally auto rotates. Thanks to the forum.

If all else fails - weird fix but worked for me after trying ALL fixes here. I dropped my phone and I think that's where it started. I read about this fix and by golly it worked. I simply re dropped my phone on the hard kitchen floor from about 5 inches - my original drop was about 4ft. Yup just let it drop on its back. The gyro must be physical?

I will try and find the site where this fix is from. Just dont throw it. Simple drop method.

FWIW to anyone, It took a couple of attempts but this worked for me too

Quote Originally Posted by Morlince View Post
    A friend of mine had that same issue. He did everything he could and was going to replace his phone but to fix it this is what he did.

Turned phone off
    Put it into 'odin' mode
    Pull the battery while in 'odin' mode, wait a minute.
    Put battery back in and turn it on.

After that he said it starting rotating normal again.

Dont know if that will help just giving you info.

Quote Originally Posted by et340 View Post
    If all else fails - weird fix but worked for me after trying ALL fixes here. I dropped my phone and I think that's where it started. I read about this fix and by golly it worked. I simply re dropped my phone on the hard kitchen floor from about 5 inches - my original drop was about 4ft. Yup just let it drop on its back. The gyro must be physical?

I will try and find the site where this fix is from. Just dont throw it. Simple drop method.
    Tried everything in the post first, still couldn't get it to Auto-Rotate.

So I dropped it from about 6" (a dollar bill stood on end). Bingo, I'm auto-rotating again. Thanks et340!

They are giving out refurbs now =[

I have tried everything listed here except odin mode... What is that and how does it work? I know how to put it into the mode but I just dont wanna mess it up or anything?

This DIDN'T work for me the FIRST time but did it a second time and after a few shaky auto rotates it WORKED PERFECTLY!
    Thanks SO Much!

Quote Originally Posted by SWilliams291 View Post
    I have tried everything listed here except odin mode... What is that and how does it work? I know how to put it into the mode but I just dont wanna mess it up or anything?
    I took two attempts in the Odin mode to work for me... Phone works fine so far.

Ok guys, this is going to sound BRUTAL, but I tried EVERYTHING (Phone stopped rotating tonight for no reason), power cycles, odin etc, and I actually came across a similar method to one in this thread where someone smacked the bottom (Battery End) of their phone with their hand, instead of dropping it...and I kid you not my screen started auto rotating immediately! I know it sounds sketchy but I can confirm it worked for my S3! Good thing too seeing as Iv only had it since Dec 2012!

I had the problem today. I just switched off my phone, removed my battery, waited for some time, inserted my battery and switched on my phone. Tatang !!! It works now !!! :P

THIS WORKED! I had tried everything until I found this suggestion. Another weird thing about it -the default swipe lock was disabled as well. I wonder if I accidentally found a shortcut set of keys that made my default home screen lock orientation to landscape-wierd. Thanks again for this post!!!

Turned phone off
    Put it into 'odin' mode
    Pull the battery while in 'odin' mode, wait a minute.
    Put battery back in and turn it on.

After that he said it starting rotating normal again.

Turn off the power for 5 minutes the take out the battery for five minutes. Then put it back in and turn it on. I tried other ones but this was the only technique that worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by starsky_1000 View Post
    Ok guys, this is going to sound BRUTAL, but I tried EVERYTHING (Phone stopped rotating tonight for no reason), power cycles, odin etc, and I actually came across a similar method to one in this thread where someone smacked the bottom (Battery End) of their phone with their hand, instead of dropping it...and I kid you not my screen started auto rotating immediately! I know it sounds sketchy but I can confirm it worked for my S3! Good thing too seeing as Iv only had it since Dec 2012!
    Wow. This problem started happening with my Nexus 4 recently so I searched high and low. THIS method is the only one that worked. Simply smacked the thing and it started working. Thanks. I can only assume maybe the thing that makes phones rotate got jammed somehow. Oh well, back to watching YouTube videos the right way again!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ok for those of you who still can't get it fixed I just fixed mine today with a very simple half second step: drop your phone. It may be the case that your g sensor weight is stuck and it takes a little bounce to knock it free. But be sure to have a case on...not my fault if your phone breaks

Oh well it looks like the above poster said the same thing but oh well good luck

Ty Kalmangt... your trick worked like a charm !
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast