Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Do you have data internet connection problems?

Quote Originally Posted by blade22222 View Post
    Mine will slow after about a week, I just restart the phone and all is well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    This seems to be my experience as well. I just restart the device and I am back up and running at 4g speeds, no problem.

I live in a solid 4G area and my GS3 from Verizon had 4G for the first few days, but I haven't had a 4G connection for more than a week now. Even when I am out driving all over the city, no 4G. Been through all the setting, done everything short of a factory Reset, which I would dread....going to take it back to the idiots at Verizon today and see if they can troubleshoot it to rule out hardware failure.

I have been having connection problems too..4g symbol disapeares and than comes back again. Very spotty sometimes but than other times no problems..been avoiding going into Verizon clues I know thee not going to say its on there end. Eventually will break down and go in and complain unless it magically fixes itself or someone comes up with a fix that works. Usually have not had any problems with Verizon in the past ..

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by tiny88 View Post
    I have been having connection problems too..4g symbol disapeares and than comes back again. Very spotty sometimes but than other times no problems..been avoiding going into Verizon clues I know thee not going to say its on there end. Eventually will break down and go in and complain unless it magically fixes itself or someone comes up with a fix that works. Usually have not had any problems with Verizon in the past ..
    Same issues started about a week ago. It's also affecting my wife's Razr maxx

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by crofutt View Post
    Yea, major data connection problems. I can see the tower from my house yet only get 2 out of 5 bars signal strength and get the "network error" message at times. And data speeds of 0.3 to 1.5mbps where my old phone was a solid 2.5. Where my old Droid X worked perfectly at my office, this one has no voice or data. Oddly enough I will get text messages at times and email but can send neither. And it shows 1 bar of 1X where my Droid X had 2 bars of 3G. In a 4G area it will switch back and forth between the two even though I haven't moved. Actually, I really like this phone but it's pretty useless the way it is. V has sent me a replacement as the first one was even worse and now they are sending a sim card to try.
    Pretty much have the same stuff going on with my phone. Verizon has basically told me its the phone and there is patch coming out "eventually" to fix it. They even offered me a Razor Max - had they OK'd the HD I honestly would have taken. This phone is awesome when it is working good but basically worthless when it's not.
    I've already been through 2 phones and 3 sim cards.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RickG. View Post
    Pretty much have the same stuff going on with my phone. Verizon has basically told me its the phone and there is patch coming out "eventually" to fix it. They even offered me a Razor Max - had they OK'd the HD I honestly would have taken. This phone is awesome when it is working good but basically worthless when it's not.
    I've already been through 2 phones and 3 sim cards.
    Agreed. My phone is pretty useless in most buildings.
    I would've taken the HD too if they offered it.

Yes,data connection drops while tethering.

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

I notice it while tethering too.

I had major issues since July with the S3, not only did data drop, I dropped calls and such. I would have 4G and then it would drop to 1X, go to extended area and then 3G and all over the place from there. I had a replacement phone, replacement SIMs and nothing worked. Verizon basically told me that 1. Its my area and 2 that the Samsungs have a poor antenna. They offered to send me a last years Razr which I kindly declined, If i wanted last years technology I would have bought it. I ended up selling it and getting an Iphone 5 which holds signal very well. I am not an Apple person but it works and thats what matters at this point.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

If the iPhone 5 did voice data at same time I would consider it. However I can't have my data connection broken every time someone texts me. (Tethering to online classes.)

YES

I had a launch day ThunderBolt that started having the dreaded data connection issues last fall. Other than that the phone rocked, but I was feeling the upgrade bug and the data drops were getting to be more and more of a pain so I went with the Galaxy S3 and have had NO issues since. I have been using it happily since mid December.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12