Do you have data internet connection problems?
04-03-2013 12:28 PM
- For those of you who have the Verizon Galaxy S3, are you having data internet connection problems? I ask this because my Verizon Thunderbolt has been having data connection problems for a number of weeks now. I was thinking of getting the Galaxy S3, but not if you guys are having the same problem as me. I'm even considering going to another carrier.
Casey08-03-2012 07:34 PM
- Yea, major data connection problems. I can see the tower from my house yet only get 2 out of 5 bars signal strength and get the "network error" message at times. And data speeds of 0.3 to 1.5mbps where my old phone was a solid 2.5. Where my old Droid X worked perfectly at my office, this one has no voice or data. Oddly enough I will get text messages at times and email but can send neither. And it shows 1 bar of 1X where my Droid X had 2 bars of 3G. In a 4G area it will switch back and forth between the two even though I haven't moved. Actually, I really like this phone but it's pretty useless the way it is. V has sent me a replacement as the first one was even worse and now they are sending a sim card to try.08-04-2012 06:44 PM
- Here's a link to the Verizon forum where others are having problems. I guess when you sell 10 million phones a certain percentage are going to be defective. I spoke with a Verizon tech and she told me there is an update coming in September addressing the 3G/4G bouncing back and forth. But she didn't have any info about addressing the data connectivity issues some are having.
https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/77765408-04-2012 09:50 PM
- Mine can be funky, for example at my job, my coworker has an Ipad on VZW LTE ( i know its an apple) but we did a speedtest with both devices next to eachother and Pad got almost 20megs down where my S3 was barely able to get 1mg.
VZW changed my SIM, but still seems funky...08-04-2012 10:29 PM
- There are various threads in the Thunderbolt forum complaining of this same issue of data connectivity problems. I think the problem is with Verizon. I want to check if other people having different Verizon 4G phones are having the same problem. I've been having this problem for a number of weeks. I was recently tempted to get the new Samsung Galaxy S3, but not if I'm going to have the same problem. I'm even considering switching to MetroPCS, even though their coverage is suppose to be second or third rate, but it can't be worse than what I'm getting with Verizon right now. At least MetroPCS is cheaper and with no contract.08-05-2012 12:29 AM
- I have been with Verizon for a short 3 weeks today and have noticed the data jumping from 3g to no data to 1x and just keeps happening randomly. At times my 3g is solid and has no issues and others its useless with no change in position of device or anything. If I want 4G I have to go outside.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums08-05-2012 07:00 AM
- This must be a VZW issue, not an issue with the S3.
I have had no issues (zero, nada) with connectivity in my home area (central NC) since I received my S3. I live in a 3G coverage area but travel into a LTE area where I work. Again, no issues whatsoever with any dropped data connections. 3G to/from LTE is seamless and quick.
Fast forward to last weekend, I was in the Richmond VA area for a few days. An area with an excellent LTE coverage zone. There were many many times where my data connection was flaky; that is, I lost data completely for a few minutes at a time. I tried a reboot to see if that would fix the issue, didn't help at all.08-05-2012 08:53 AM
- Agree about GNex, disagree about Charge. I had the Charge for over a year and got good 4G at my house where I am in a marginal area and solid 4G at work in a strong area. The S3 can't get 4G in the same spots my Charge did in my house (I can get 4G going upstairs and standing by a window only), and at work where the Charge was -90 db on 4G the S3 runs around -103 and occasionally drops to 3G in the interior offices where the Charge never did. For me, the Charge improved greatly with the Gingerbread update.08-05-2012 11:46 AM
- Yes there is something wrong with Verizon internet data one minute its running the next its going off and on not stop this been going on for months!
Same here. Very wonky 4G ranging from super fast to 4G showing but progress bar stuck at 20% and no page load.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 208-05-2012 01:08 PM
- I had a Charge and it rocked when it came to signal strength and effectively switching back and forth from 3g to 4g. Once the OTA hit back in June, it was junk. I upgraded to the Nexus on 7/3/12. On 7/4/12 went back to my verizon store because signal strength was horrible and most of the time I just had a "x". They replaced the sim card and re-activated. Went back on 7/6/12 and had the whole phone replaced because it still was not working. I had this one for a week and though there was an improvement, it still was not working at all in 4g areas. On 7/13/12 returned the Nexus, since I was still in the 14 day window, and got the S3. Signal strength was better but not great. Last week I went back in because I had issues with no audio on calls. The call would not drop, just neither one of us could hear each other. I tracked it using *111 like a rep had told me. When I went back in, that rep wasn't there and trying to explain what I was told to another rep was pointless. What did they do, of course their answer for everything, switch out the sim card. The new sim card seems to be helping, as I now get 4g in my basement. Speed tests aren't the greatest even when I am sitting right in front of the tower, but at least I haven't had the call issues which is important to me with the job I have. Even was able to make a call in the back of the ambulance I work out of that was clear as a bell and that hardly ever happens even with a phone with a strong radio. I know this has been long, but the point being, I am now happy with my voice and data connection and can't wait to see what improvements come along with the update that is supposed to hit in either September or October(so they say).08-05-2012 01:11 PM
- Holy crap. I got fed up with my data connection and decided to look if anyone else is having the same damn problem. My thunderbolt has been giving me a lot of problems as of late. It was a great phone at the beginning, but now I feel like its barely keeping up with the newer phones out there.
I usually have 4g everywhere I go. I live in the greater los Angeles and live down the street from a tower. My data connection toggles on and off, CONSTANTLY! I called Verizon and spoke with a tech about it. They just told me they can monitor my data connection or its an app causing the problem....... Sure?
I'm not a huge fan of Facebook, but the app is almost impossible to use cuz I swear when I click on the app my phone will lose data. I tried using the browser and sometimes it will type backwards....Wtf. I tried different keyboards and browsers. This is probably a thunderbolt problem, but data... Def has to be Verizon. My friend with a Bionic has the same problem. I was considering dropping 600 bucks for a s3.
My sisters both have the s3. And sometimes I had better connection than them, but I use my phone like I don't own a computer so maybe I can trade phones with her and check it out. Oh but for sure, the s3 has a more responsive touch screen than this thunderbolt.There are various threads in the Thunderbolt forum complaining of this same issue of data connectivity problems. I think the problem is with Verizon. I want to check if other people having different Verizon 4G phones are having the same problem. I've been having this problem for a number of weeks. I was recently tempted to get the new Samsung Galaxy S3, but not if I'm going to have the same problem. I'm even considering switching to MetroPCS, even though their coverage is suppose to be second or third rate, but it can't be worse than what I'm getting with Verizon right now. At least MetroPCS is cheaper and with no contract.08-15-2012 04:40 AM
- My speedtests have been horrid, I have 4G service indicator on the phone and have gone for 13767Kbps download all the way as low as 60kpbs download?? Both tests done in the same exact location.
I have had the SIM replaced as well as been on phone with tech support on 2 different occasions. As of yesterday they were "sending" someone to ensure the tower is OK..not buying that one, as the tower is located on a major interstate road, others in my office have VZW 4G devices and are perfectly OK.
Waiting for the tech I spoke with yesterday to get back to me on the "tower test", does anyone think I should replace the device, they are only offering a "certified" device, which I don't think is fair as I have only had the phone since the 16th of July.
Thanks everyone!!08-15-2012 09:19 AM
- I am glad to see that there are some people who ar not afraid to speak the truth on the Galaxy 3 data speeds. I spoke out and got pasted by the die hards.
I think the problem for most people is that they look at these speed tests as being the official test for speed. This is not so. Also, why is it that people do these speed test using wifi? Wifi speeds Re usually very fast no matter what phone you use. Using 4G is another story using these speed tests. The Galaxy just flat out sucks when it comes to this. I put total problem on the radio that Samsung uses. This is why everyone's Internet is all over the place.08-16-2012 11:06 AM
- Woo Hoo - I posted above about all the trouble I have been having and was almost ready to give up. Two phone and 3 sim cards later still with lousy connection. Well, I convinced V to send me a 3rd phone and this one works great! So, don't give up with V if you have problems with connectivity. Get another phone, in my case it took three to finally get one that worked and I spoke with LOTS of techs before they sent it08-23-2012 02:56 PM
- 08-23-2012 04:36 PM
- Data dropping and sloppy handoffs have happened to me on my Gnex and Razr maxx but my GS3 seems to be better at holding a 4g signal. I switch back and forth between 3g and 4g in my area because it's a fringe spot but in Philly my GS3 held lte the whole day I was there and was pulling 32mbps. I'm still waiting on Samsung to ship my phone back but I read in the notes that the prl and software were updated so hopefully this resolves the only major issue i had and that was poor reception at me house but I've yet to run into the radios just falling asleep which was an issue that plagued a few on the Gnex replacements that I went through.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 208-25-2012 09:19 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Verizon Galaxy S III
Do you have data internet connection problems?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD