1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't connect to my pc

When I plug my phone into my pc ibget a "device nit recognized" notification. I have all the correct drivers installed and re installed em just to make sure you but still get nothing when I connect with a usb cable. Any ideas? Cuz I just got the balls to go and root this bad boy and throw a custom rom on it, but I plug it in and can't connect

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm unable to get the MTP protocol to recognize so I'm not able to do anything with my phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What os are you running?

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Win 7 64bit. I installed Kies and it recognized the phone once. Nothing since then

Default Re: Can't connect to my pc

I didn't install anything with win 7...it found it and it was ready in like 10 seconds...with xp pro, it I had to reboot twice and now no problem...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Windows seven, android 4.0.4. Um now that you mention it i connected to Kies a few days ago and it worked before that

Try using the usb charging cable that came with the phone. I could not get mine to connect to my win 7 pc either then I used the phone's oem cable and it works perfectly.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Had this same problem with an epic 4g the other day. Uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled then manually not using kies, rebooted the PC, plugged the phone back in and it linked up immediately. Different phone I realize but same temperamental kies

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I used to have an Epic and never had problems with it, never used Kies for it either. Never had a problem with Motorola Atrix before this phone

I have been all over the internet forums on this problem - believe me, none of the "update driver/be sure to remove old driver" and other advice worked. Then I read Alewood's tip about using the cable that came with the phone and it worked! I bought the phone at Costco and they included a package with another cable in it. That's the cable I've been using without success. As soon as I plugged in the original cable that was packaged with the S3 it connected! Thanks for the tip!!

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaXVI View Post
    I used to have an Epic and never had problems with it, never used Kies for it either. Never had a problem with Motorola Atrix before this phone

Great post. Offers no answer to the problem, and also doesn't change the fact that it's possible for the same thing with a phone to not always work for everyone.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I have been trying to set up Foxfi but my computer refuses to recognize the phone. My computer is a new Win 7 with 64 bit. I know the computer has recognized it in the past but no more. I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Thanks

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Quote Originally Posted by dee632 View Post
    I have been trying to set up Foxfi but my computer refuses to recognize the phone. My computer is a new Win 7 with 64 bit. I know the computer has recognized it in the past but no more. I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Thanks
    That could be a lot of things. You may need to have the Bluetooth on the first time, you may need to do it through usb first. I had the same problem the first time on 7 and 8, but I honestly can't remember for sure how I resolved it. I kinda wanna remember that I had the phone plugged in and got it to work, but again can't remember for sure

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I'm unable to get the MTP protocol to recognize so I'm not able to do anything with my phone

Try unlocking the screen before connecting the cable. I had the same problem and this seems to work.

I had to switch to the camera transfer setting and was worried it couldn't transfer my music. Mtp gave me the error, but when I switched it, I tried transferring music. When I did that, it automatically changed to Mtp while transferring. Seems weird but at least this way it recognized my phone and didn't cause any problems. I'm using a blackberry usb cable so will try the stock one later.

I cannot get Kies to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S3. I am using a Windows XP computer and have Verizon as my service. When I open the Kies program it says SCH-I535 is connecting but it never connects. Kies Air does work though.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by tomorrowtoday View Post
    I have been all over the internet forums on this problem - believe me, none of the "update driver/be sure to remove old driver" and other advice worked. Then I read Alewood's tip about using the cable that came with the phone and it worked! I bought the phone at Costco and they included a package with another cable in it. That's the cable I've been using without success. As soon as I plugged in the original cable that was packaged with the S3 it connected! Thanks for the tip!!
    Don't feel bad...we have 3 IDENTICAL Verizon phone chargers at work for our crappy little ptt work phones and only ONE of those cables will charge my S3. All 3 will charge any of the 3 work phones, and my old Evo cord will charge my S3, but my S2 cord won't...Yet, the S2 cord would also charge my Evo...It is BIZARRE!

For what it is worth, both of my S3s connect to Win 7 64 bit without issue in MTP mode. I haven't tried standard USB mode.

Things to potentially try:

• Different USB cable
    • Turn off MTP mode

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Wouldn't happen if they would have just partitioned off the system files and we had standard USB disk drive access like in GB!. MTP/PTP is painfully slow, doesn't give full access and I can't even see image previews in windows either...
    My history: Ericsson 628, 768, T10, T28 World, Siemens S12, Nokia 8290, 3390, Motorola C330 , V70, Ericsson T68i, Motorola v100, Accompli 009, Sony Ericsson P800, T300, T610, O2 XDA II, BlackBerry 6210, Sanyo SCP5300, SCP8100, VM4500, PM8200, MM7400, MM8300, MM9000, BlackBerry 7750, Kyocera KX18, MM-A900, SCP8400, Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC Design 4G, Nook Tablet. CO's: Omnipoint, Voicestream, T-Mobile, (Amp'd for a short time) Sprint, Verizon