Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 69
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    is this legal? or does it breach my verizon contract?
  2. #27  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by myverizongalnexus View Post
    is this legal? or does it breach my verizon contract?
    Ive been using foxfi for a couple years now since my droid x and have never had an issue with Verizon
  3. #28  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    I love this app but the notification sound is really annoying. Is there a way to disable the connect and disconnect sound on this app? I don't want to turn off all sounds on my phone but just this one.

    Thanks,
    Kygarian
  4. #29  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    FYI, FoxFi just updated, and it is no longer a free app. The not $6.97 version now has a 30 min usage limit.

    Anybody know of a better wifi app, preferably one for a rooted phone?
  5. #30  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyTurbo View Post
    FYI, FoxFi just updated, and it is no longer a free app. The not $6.97 version now has a 30 min usage limit.

    Anybody know of a better wifi app, preferably one for a rooted phone?
    I use the Hotspot Toggle from the notification bar.
    Steve


  6. #31  
    dt81's Avatar

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Doesn't the hot spot that is stock with Verizon cost money?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G
  7. #32  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    Doesn't the hot spot that is stock with Verizon cost money?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G
    Not using the method I described above. Also I'm running CleanRom 4.5 if that matters.
    Steve


  8. #33  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by sfobrien View Post
    I use the Hotspot Toggle from the notification bar.
    Your cool!
  9. #34  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    Doesn't the hot spot that is stock with Verizon cost money?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G
    Unless you are on a shared data plan its $30 a month to use the VZW hotspots feature.
    Wasn't excited about the update but if you use foxfi as much as I do its worth the one time fee of $7.00. I just hope he will update soon to work with jellybean. If I understand his comments he will not update to support jellybean.
    I do believe pda net works but not sure and also not sure if it is a wifi tether.
    Otherwise you will need to root and install a rom with built in wifi tether.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Unless you are on a shared data plan its $30 a month to use the VZW hotspots feature.
    Wasn't excited about the update but if you use foxfi as much as I do its worth the one time fee of $7.00. I just hope he will update soon to work with jellybean. If I understand his comments he will not update to support jellybean.
    I do believe pda net works but not sure and also not sure if it is a wifi tether.
    Otherwise you will need to root and install a rom with built in wifi tether.
    It was hard for me to tell if the developer comment about FoxFi not working with jellybean was about the "Free" version or both the "Free" and "Paid" versions.
    If the paid version will work with JB the the consumer can either pay up or look for another wireless solution that works with JB. If both versions do not work with JB then the developer better find a new source of income. The JB thing may not be an issue for those of us on Verizon for a while given Big Red's track record of foot dragging with OS updates.

    FYI, PdaNet uses FoxFi for wireless. As of now, PdaNet does not appear to have a wireless feature of it's own.
    Thanked by:
  11. #36  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by charlier180 View Post
    It was hard for me to tell if the developer comment about FoxFi not working with jellybean was about the "Free" version or both the "Free" and "Paid" versions.
    If the paid version will work with JB the the consumer can either pay up or look for another wireless solution that works with JB. If both versions do not work with JB then the developer better find a new source of income. The JB thing may not be an issue for those of us on Verizon for a while given Big Red's track record of foot dragging with OS updates.

    FYI, PdaNet uses FoxFi for wireless. As of now, PdaNet does not appear to have a wireless feature of it's own.
    Yea he seemed vague. One of my GS3's is rooted on JB and foxfi doesn't work with it. Nice thing about root. But we have several unlimited lines and where we live we need it. Its funny we are less than 2 miles away from a tower so we get great 4g but no internet services otherwise. I live 45 miles from town. I paid foxfi the money hoping he gets busy on an update to support JB.
  12. #37  
    firetruck41's Avatar

    Posts
    214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: FoxFi

    I am stock and unrooted. I have used FoxFi, since the gs3 came out, but last week I tried just using a hotspot widget to toggle the hit spot on/off. It works like a charm with no cost or charge, and I do NOT have a tethering plan with my grandfathered unlimited data plan. Using a widget bypasses the vzw tethrring plan activation. From what I have read, almost any hotspot toggle from the Play store should do the trick.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  13. #38  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    yes but does Foxfiwork on a Samsung phone? It doesn't work other than Bluetooth on my HTC resound.
    i think foxfi does not work with htc phones....my husband has my old thunderbolt and we cant get foxfi to work with it....gives a message to that effect when you try. big thumbs up to using it with the s3 however, i've been using it with my transformer prime, laptop, and had a friend even use the created hotspot with their kindle.
  14. #39  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    On the HTC rezound it is blocked. If you go to settings /apps/all apps and scroll down to tether guard. That is the stopper. Can't disable it so kinda screwed with the HTC.
  15. #40  
    nexusisneecesary's Avatar

    Posts
    4,274 Posts
    ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

    Default Re: FoxFi

    It works on my xperia play

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Documentary's and Educational Videos you think everyone should see.
    (Last Updated June,2,2013)
    Thread Retired
    Current Android Devices:HTC one,2013 Nexus 7
    Past Android Devices:Xperia Play,Droid Pro,2012 Nexus 7
  16. #41  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    Yea he seemed vague. One of my GS3's is rooted on JB and foxfi doesn't work with it. Nice thing about root. But we have several unlimited lines and where we live we need it. Its funny we are less than 2 miles away from a tower so we get great 4g but no internet services otherwise. I live 45 miles from town. I paid foxfi the money hoping he gets busy on an update to support JB.
    Thanks for confirming that FoxFi doesn't work on JB. Hopefully the developer will get FoxFi working with JB before too long.
    I have no problem paying a developer for their app when it does what I need and it works well.
    leroybrute likes this.
  17. #42  
    neil154's Avatar

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Okay, so now that FoxFi doesn't work with JB what are recommendations for a hotspot app on the S3 (hopefully free)?
    Galaxy S5 16GB Not Rooted
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.4
  18. #43  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Hello, need some advice concerning connecting via bluetooth using FoxFi... I have the app on a Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Elite (does it work on this phone?). I've followed the FoxFi instructions for paring the devices (phone & laptop - 5 y/o Acer Aspire running Windows Vista) and I've made it to the pairing, but haven't been able to make a succesfull connection. When I get to the point where the laptop is trying to "download the drivers for the bluetooth peripheral device" it always fails. I also tried using a Samsung Infuse 4G, and the same thing happened, paring ok, but no connection. Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?

    I haven't tried connecting the VM phone using the hotspot option on FoxFi, will try that tonight. I don't think I want to try and activate the FoxFi hotspot connection on the Infuse, since that one doesn't have unlimited data, like the VM phone has, and I'm afraid that option (and not the bluetooth one) is going to kill my data plan. Can someone please tell me if this is a correct assumption?

    Thank you for your help! And Happy Thanksgiving!
  19. #44  
    neil154's Avatar

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts

    Default Re: FoxFi

    It sounds like your problem is a bluetooth driver problem and you have not even gotten to try FoxFi using bluetooth. I have connected using bluetooth and wifi using a Verizon S3 and win 7 64 bit PC. I had Vista for a short time and was very disappointed with it. If you have any opertunity to try same on a Win 7 PC I would suggest you try it.
    Galaxy S5 16GB Not Rooted
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.4
  20. #45  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Can someone plz tell me why foxfi works on my sg3 just fine but my phone warns me when I reach a certain data limit with my at&t data plan and Ive been conntected to foxfi with my iPad watching movies and my phone warned me that my data limit was reached . Why is foxfi still using my at&t data???
  21. #46  
    jdk2's Avatar

    Posts
    289 Posts
    Global Posts
    861 Global Posts

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by Mischa Spackman View Post
    Can someone plz tell me why foxfi works on my sg3 just fine but my phone warns me when I reach a certain data limit with my at&t data plan and Ive been conntected to foxfi with my iPad watching movies and my phone warned me that my data limit was reached . Why is foxfi still using my at&t data???
    It has to use your data. Where else would it get data from? FoxFi and other tethering apps just use a connection method that's basically invisible to the carrier. It does, however, still use your data bucket.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    i have a tmobile galaxy s3 and tryed to set the proxy on my computer to 0.0.0.0 and 8000 and my internet stops working can someone explain how to set the proxy maybe i did it wrong
  23. #48  
    hh72385's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
    Okay, so now that FoxFi doesn't work with JB what are recommendations for a hotspot app on the S3 (hopefully free)?
    I've been using the fattin hotspot toggle. It bypasses the Verizon disclaimer and turns on the hotspot feature. No charges on my plan to date.
    Thanked by:
  24. #49  

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Back in August, Verizon was legally forced to allow users to tether with 3rd party apps (suchs as foxfi) for free. Happy new year.

    What Verizon's FCC tethering settlement means to you (FAQ) | Mobile - CNET News
  25. #50  
    jdk2's Avatar

    Posts
    289 Posts
    Global Posts
    861 Global Posts

    Default Re: FoxFi

    Quote Originally Posted by dank mon View Post
    Back in August, Verizon was legally forced to allow users to tether with 3rd party apps (suchs as foxfi) for free. Happy new year.

    What Verizon's FCC tethering settlement means to you (FAQ) | Mobile - CNET News
    Sadly, that settlement excluded customers on unlimited data plans. For those of us on that sinking ship, rooting is the logical choice.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions