Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: FoxFi

I am only using this for my Infinity Tablet. However, I downloaded pdanet tablet and am connecting via Bluetooth. The internet is working and the scary Verizon WiFi icon inst in my notification bar on the GS3. I am trying to find a way to see if verizon is going to ding me for tethering, anyone know of a way?

Quote Originally Posted by hh72385 View Post
    I've been using the fattin hotspot toggle. It bypasses the Verizon disclaimer and turns on the hotspot feature. No charges on my plan to date.
    This seems to work great and it's FREE! Thanks!

Did you ever figure this one out? I currently have the same issue on my GS3.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy2 View Post
    Did you ever figure this one out? I currently have the same issue on my GS3.
    to what are you replying to?

foxfi / pdanet does not work on S3 JB update

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

Do you know if any free app that will allow the S3 to function as a hotspot?
    Galaxy S3 16GB Rooted Pebble Blue
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.2

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
    Do you know if any free app that will allow the S3 to function as a hotspot?
    Try the Fattin Hotspot Toggle Widget - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....hotspot&hl=en

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jedk View Post
    Try the Fattin Hotspot Toggle Widget - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....hotspot&hl=en
    Thanks for the suggestion. I read the information and it said it is a widget and uses the existing hotspot app. I just wanted to make sure if you know if this will work without incurring hotspot charges from Verizon. If this does work why couldn't I just use the Verizon hotspot app.

PS: My Verizon plan allow unlimited data, so in theory I am not entitled to hotspot.
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.2

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

The widget works because it bypasses the subscription check that the Verizon app uses. I've been using it without an issue on my unlimited data plan for at least 8 months and have never incurred any additional charges.

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

Thanks for the confirmation, I will definitely try it.
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.2

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

I tried the app and it works fine, thanks for the information.
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.2

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Verizon and I wanna know if Verizon will find a way if I am using Foxfi on my phone? Or is it safe? Please let me know thank you!!! I try to find answers elsewhere but no luck

PLUS I am on grandfathered plan unlimited data

Why don't you use hotspot control app from Play store? It works great with my wife's note 2 without any extra charges from Verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Control mobile hotspot app? Like what is the name of it? And my question hasn't been answered and I was hoping if someone could provide answers
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

I have a Verizon S3 and use Foxfi without any additional charges
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
    I have a Verizon S3 and use Foxfi without any additional charges
    that means foe my Note 2 I could use Foxfi so Verizon would not detect what I am using? Because when I start Foxfi, the mobile hotspot (not from foxfi) pops up on the top screen what do you think that mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Profaniter View Post
    that means foe my Note 2 I could use Foxfi so Verizon would not detect what I am using? Because when I start Foxfi, the mobile hotspot (not from foxfi) pops up on the top screen what do you think that mean.
    You might get better info at a Note 2 specific site. FoxFi, PDANet+, TreveMod all seem to work on the S3 but outcomes may be ROM specific. I am on Synergy ROM and it is built in. On Synergy you must setup the VZW app with an SSID and WPA then back out. Then toggle the hotspot and it works. It may even be using the VZW app but its free. You can also run all the previously mentioned apps stand-alone. PDANet+ (with FoxFi built in) worked for me when I was stock but that was on ICS not JB. I now just use the toggle on the notification pull-down with Synergy but that is for the S3.

S3 folks, check out CleanROM or Synergy. You won't reget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Profaniter View Post
    Why are you so paranoid about it? Verizon couldn't care less what browser you use.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Why are you so paranoid about it? Verizon couldn't care less what browser you use.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.

ok so are you saying that I should just select Foxfi's app, just start it up, then let the "mobile hotspot" icon on the top screen next to 4G LTE's symbol and let it run? do you think that Verizon would detect if I'm using Foxfi or won't they?

I've been using Fox-Fi with great success and love being able time bypass the hotspot feature on my GS3, but I'm having trouble setting up the proxy add-on. It's currently installed on my phone and activated, but when I attempt to fill in the information on my MacBook about which ports to use, it doesn't work. I'm sure it's my own fault as I'm not too familiar with proxies. Has anyone had any luck setting the proxy server up to be accessed by a MacBook, and could you provide simple instructions? Thanks!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123