Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Its intended for those who power use and are concerned about suspicion from their carrier.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have yet too get FoxFi to work on an ICS equipped/unrooted Rezound.

Since going to ICS, it has IP issues and doesn't run on hotspot or BT for me.

Lego

I believe it is an issue with HTC phones in general. Foxfi wifi never worked on my TBolt, only bluetooth.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ryman101010

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I am using Foxfi now, it is enabled on my S3 with the proxy setting, my macbook recognizes the "hotspot" on the phone. I am currently on Unlimited data..not share everything plan.

I get the wifi from it on my mac but i dont get the internet. im on a mac as well. my phone is a samsung charge

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the Rezound my wife has would connect but couldn't use the data. My S3 and Fascinate (S1?) both used it well.

Blueidbandit33

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded foxfi on my Lg Optimus M and it seems to work.fine I.can.find the.netwirk on my Dell Lattitude however it wont connect.all the.way it says.the IP.ADRESS CONFIGURATION IS INCORRECT Can sum1 please tell me how 2 get the correct IP ADDRESS 2 allow me 2 connect from my computer using windows 7

kygarian

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I love this app but the notification sound is really annoying. Is there a way to disable the connect and disconnect sound on this app? I don't want to turn off all sounds on my phone but just this one.

Thanks,
Kygarian

ShelbyTurbo

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
FYI, FoxFi just updated, and it is no longer a free app. :( The not $6.97 version now has a 30 min usage limit.

Anybody know of a better wifi app, preferably one for a rooted phone?

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't the hot spot that is stock with Verizon cost money?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G

Unless you are on a shared data plan its $30 a month to use the VZW hotspots feature.
Wasn't excited about the update but if you use foxfi as much as I do its worth the one time fee of $7.00. I just hope he will update soon to work with jellybean. If I understand his comments he will not update to support jellybean.
I do believe pda net works but not sure and also not sure if it is a wifi tether.
Otherwise you will need to root and install a rom with built in wifi tether.

charlier180

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Unless you are on a shared data plan its $30 a month to use the VZW hotspots feature.
Wasn't excited about the update but if you use foxfi as much as I do its worth the one time fee of $7.00. I just hope he will update soon to work with jellybean. If I understand his comments he will not update to support jellybean.
I do believe pda net works but not sure and also not sure if it is a wifi tether.
Otherwise you will need to root and install a rom with built in wifi tether.

It was hard for me to tell if the developer comment about FoxFi not working with jellybean was about the "Free" version or both the "Free" and "Paid" versions.
If the paid version will work with JB the the consumer can either pay up or look for another wireless solution that works with JB. If both versions do not work with JB then the developer better find a new source of income. The JB thing may not be an issue for those of us on Verizon for a while given Big Red's track record of foot dragging with OS updates.

FYI, PdaNet uses FoxFi for wireless. As of now, PdaNet does not appear to have a wireless feature of it's own.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It was hard for me to tell if the developer comment about FoxFi not working with jellybean was about the "Free" version or both the "Free" and "Paid" versions.
If the paid version will work with JB the the consumer can either pay up or look for another wireless solution that works with JB. If both versions do not work with JB then the developer better find a new source of income. The JB thing may not be an issue for those of us on Verizon for a while given Big Red's track record of foot dragging with OS updates.

FYI, PdaNet uses FoxFi for wireless. As of now, PdaNet does not appear to have a wireless feature of it's own.

Yea he seemed vague. One of my GS3's is rooted on JB and foxfi doesn't work with it. Nice thing about root. But we have several unlimited lines and where we live we need it. Its funny we are less than 2 miles away from a tower so we get great 4g but no internet services otherwise. I live 45 miles from town. I paid foxfi the money hoping he gets busy on an update to support JB.

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I am stock and unrooted. I have used FoxFi, since the gs3 came out, but last week I tried just using a hotspot widget to toggle the hit spot on/off. It works like a charm with no cost or charge, and I do NOT have a tethering plan with my grandfathered unlimited data plan. Using a widget bypasses the vzw tethrring plan activation. From what I have read, almost any hotspot toggle from the Play store should do the trick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
yes but does Foxfiwork on a Samsung phone? It doesn't work other than Bluetooth on my HTC resound.

i think foxfi does not work with htc phones....my husband has my old thunderbolt and we cant get foxfi to work with it....gives a message to that effect when you try. big thumbs up to using it with the s3 however, i've been using it with my transformer prime, laptop, and had a friend even use the created hotspot with their kindle.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
On the HTC rezound it is blocked. If you go to settings /apps/all apps and scroll down to tether guard. That is the stopper. Can't disable it so kinda screwed with the HTC.