transfer pictures

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Dropbox, that you sign up for when you get the phone (and you receive 50gb of free storage for 2yrs (24 months from time day of activation)...

Sign up/sign into dropbox app on the phone...then download the dropbox.setup.exe for Windows 7 and sign into the same dropbox account that you signed into with the app on your phone.
Soon as you take the pictures, they are sync'd to your dropbox account (if you set it to sync on Mobile or Wifi)...
I have mine set to sync on Wifi Only...so when I get within range of my wifi, it sends the photos I've taken since the last time it sync'd.
No user interaction needed..it just does it on it's own when you take a picture.
Pictures retain the same quality and image size...
So you take a photo that's 2.5mb on your photo with the 8mp camera, the photo that's sync'd and sent to your windows 7 computer is 2.5mb and the same dimensions...
You just go to your dropbox folder on Win7 to access the files..and you can copy them out of there, edit them, crop them...whatever....
Actually I use photobucket on my phone too..along with dropbox and Google+
I'll never run out of places that my pictures are sent to..every picture I've taken with my SGS3 gets sent to Dropbox, Google+, Photobucket..and the ones I choose to send get sent to Facebook and Picasa.
I do use lots of data, but it's on Wifi when I do all of this and I never notice it's even happening...(I have notifications turned off so it doesn't tell me every single time it's sent a picture.)

Reactions: F34R

breeze

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Dropbox, that you sign up for when you get the phone (and you receive 50gb of free storage for 2yrs (24 months from time day of activation)...

We mere mortals on Verizon and AT&T did not get this Dropbox allowance. Both WZW and AT&T opted out because they didn't think they needed the added incentive to attract or keep customers.

I still use Dropbox, but at a much lower storage allowance.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I had no clue that was only on my carrier...

however, you can still use the other options I listed..photobucket (use the app to sync pics, then sign into Photobucket from you Desktop and download them at your convenience.)

Google+ allows you to download the pics, plus unlimited storage..

Then you also have Picasa, which has a Desktop app plus an Android app...same thing..downloads are in the full size and resolution that they are taken in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non