Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Erase contacts without factory reset?

Is there a way to remove all contacts and start from scratch without a factory reset? I was syncing Google and backup assistant contacts now I have a ton of duplicates. I just want to start fresh just don't want to reset everything

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Erase contacts without factory reset?

I'm in the same boat...would like to know too...

Install the app called 'Delete All Contacts' to delete contacts without factory reset.

Isn't it easier to just clear the data on the Contacts Storage module?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Erase contacts without factory reset?-uploadfromtaptalk1344316584143.jpg  

even easier. go to contacts, click bottom left hard button and then click delete, then click select all and deleted them. Then make sure you deselect sync contacts from your gmail or fb etc.

I also want to delete all contacts. On Jelly Bean there doesn't seem to be an option to select all. Is there some other way to accomplish this?
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Isn't it easier to just clear the data on the Contacts Storage module?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    That's the way I do it when my phone gets filled up with chicks and I realized I drunk dialed one or more of them the night before. Happy Thanksgiving all!

The early answer is correct...
    Go to your list of contacts
    Click bottom left hard button (menu)
    Then select delete
    Then click select all and deleted them
    But be sure you are VIEWING all of your contacts...
    to do that, from list of contracts hit menu, then select CONTACTS TO VIEW
    then SELECT ALL... or whichever ones you want to delete... then start from the top again with delete all etc.

What I cant figure out is HOW TO REMOVE GROUPS. I had imported contacts from Outlook, and they apparently had been assigned to dozens of groups... and I've since edited all of these contacts in Outlook and unassigned them from groups and deleted the groups in Outlook. But they still show up in the Android, so to assign a group I need to scroll through 2 dozen obsolete groups. Any word on how to delete these? I'm using Galaxy Note II.

Quote Originally Posted by cell9 View Post
    I also want to delete all contacts. On Jelly Bean there doesn't seem to be an option to select all. Is there some other way to accomplish this?
    If you open your contacts app, and tap the lower left-hand soft key (normally used for getting into settings), a menu comes up. Select "Delete" there, and a "Select All" checkbox comes up near the top of the next screen. Just select that, and delete, and you're done.