Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By didiwags
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default baseband update

I read today that the GSM version of the S3 is getting a baseband that is supposed to help the radio and signal strength issue. How long do you think it will be before our version receives one?
    sent from my awesome Galaxy S3

Default Re: baseband update

Forever since it is Verizon after all! Lol

Honestly hopefully soon though I don't have any major issues just in certain places!
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3
    F34R likes this.
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

I do dislike the time it takes Verizon to cook these things out.

I sent my GS3 off to Samsung for 3 issues. 1. The battery was taking over 3 hours to reach a full charge. 2. Imperfections in screens when the display is all black like the notification bar. 3. Weak signal for calling. Hopefully Samsung will resolve these issues before an update is released. I asked them if they replace radios and they said that if it is found to be faulty that they will. If this phone is as problematic as the 5 Galaxy nexus phones that I went through then I'm officially done with Samsung. When I was with Sprint I had nothing but Htc phones and never had to do one warranty replacement in over 2 years. I love the GS3 but these problems are actually making me look towards Apple. Damn I can't believe I just typed that.....
    Hello Galaxy
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj hidroid View Post
    I sent my GS3 off to Samsung for 3 issues. 1. The battery was taking over 3 hours to reach a full charge. 2. Imperfections in screens when the display is all black like the notification bar. 3. Weak signal for calling. Hopefully Samsung will resolve these issues before an update is released. I asked them if they replace radios and they said that if it is found to be faulty that they will. If this phone is as problematic as the 5 Galaxy nexus phones that I went through then I'm officially done with Samsung. When I was with Sprint I had nothing but Htc phones and never had to do one warranty replacement in over 2 years. I love the GS3 but these problems are actually making me look towards Apple. Damn I can't believe I just typed that.....
    My wife is adamant about only going with HTC lol. Hopefully my GS3 won't be having these issues. We'll see though. I have a wonky iPhone for backup.