1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Serial number

Where is the serial number? About device doesn't show it, unless it's called something else.

Default Re: Serial number

just a random thought but how about under the battery?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It doesn't say serial number under the battery either, there are numbers but which is which?

It's also in Menu, Settings,About device, Status. It's the IMEI number (hex).
    a little obsessive...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Excellent thanks.

I watched a YouTube video trying to find out the same thing but when this guy went into settings and then status, his s3 actually listed it as "serial number". How come some phones do, but others list it in the phone with a different name? Is it dependent on the carrier or something?

Beats me - I have a Verizon phone (probably accounts for me being in the Verizon sub-forum) and it's only ever shown the IMEI information.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

On my T-Mobile branded phone it is located in Settings>About device>Status. It shows my IMEI number and Serial Number which is different from the IMEI number.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

The serial number is located at the back of the phone when you remove the battery. It's right below the bar code and labeled S/N.

yeah....u r ryt....