Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Stock S3 calendar notification bug?

I searched and didn't find this posted anywhere so forgive me if this is duplicate.

I found a bug related to the calendar notifications. On all other apps, SMS, EMail etc... you can set a custom notification. I tried this in the calendar and I'm only able to use tones which are stored in the internal phone memory. I've got a ton of custom tones stored on the external SD which I can't seem to use with the calendar. I tried moving the tone to the internal SD storage from the external SD and had the same problem.

So it seems like you're stuck using the stock tones from Samsung, that sucks! BTW the calendar is using exchange sync if it matters.

Has anyone else found this?

Does anyone know how to report bugs to Samsung?

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Re: Stock S3 calendar notification bug?

This is interesting. You are trying this through Calendar->Settings->Event Notification: Select Ringtone->xxxxx? And this worked on native Email? Since Samsung felt it wise to not put on a basic series of Ring Ring notifications for things like, oh, I don't know... Phone Calls!!!! We had to load Zedge (free) on my wife's phone. This forced the device to let you choose local native ringtones or others in the file directory. I am surprised that you could, for email as an example, get ringtones from your extSD card.

I have Zedge also, and I didn't even think about the fact that the choice doesn't pop up when I select ringtone in the calendar settings... So that's another problem. I am only shown what would be the android system notification tones.

I have 2 email accounts (exchange, and POP) synced with my phone. Exchange does not ring at all, my POP account plays a motorcycle sound from my collection on extSD. I do not use Zedge to set the sounds I use the android system choice and it finds the sounds as long as they are in the right folders.

I have 3 folders on my extSD card: Alarms, Notifications, Ringtones. In these folders I have my collected media files. When I open the Android sound chooser I see the built in tones and the tones stored in these folders. In every other app on the phone I can choose the android system, pick a sound from my extSD and use it. My ringtone is set this way, my SMS is set this way, and email as well. The calendar isn't working correctly!

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

OK then.... So I will see what happens this evening when I do the same for my wife's phone. I keep the stock ringtones so I have nothing on my extSD card for sound. I will report back with my findings on a "mostly stock" phone with only Zedge added. Stay tuned.

ROM
    CleanGB 1.1.2

I am having the same problem on my GS3, but only seems to be happening with calendar notifications. works fine with stock sounds but not with things loaded from zedge. i searched all over but no one seems to have the answer.

someone who is smart enough to figure out this bug ....please help!