For All Those Having Issues

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I am on my 3rd GS3. Purchased new from Verizon store a couple of weeks ago. 16 GB Pebble Blue. First phone had 4g connectivity/wifi dropping issues. Took it back to a different store and exchanged it here in Washington DC with a new Sim card.

Second phone was much better, the wifi issues were resolved and held a connection without dropping, however, the phone was squeaky and creaked whenever i pressed on it. Got to be pretty annoying so i called Verizon and let them know about the issue. My last GS3 didn't have this problem, neither the demos in the store i tried out.

I paid $200 for the phone and i wanted a perfect working device. The customer service rep totally agreed and set me up to get sent a new device through the mail.

New device came yesterday. All i have to say is that for those who are having 4G issues, wifi dropping, internet hanging up at times and connections dropping and not switching, please get your phone exchanged. My new one is working much better than the first and second phone. I work inside a building and before at my desk, 4G would have one bar, or drop connection and switch to 3G with the "ghost signal" on the last 2 phones. This new phone, i have been experiencing 2-3 bars of consistent 4G with NO DROPPING sitting here at my desk. Radios seem stronger. Not sure if the new GS3's are updated or what.

I am a happy camper, this is the way the phone should have worked.:cool:

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear! My GS3 is in Texas at Samsung's warranty dept so I'm hoping they will fix the issues that I was having. They are give it a 150 point check and even though I'll be w/o the phone for another week or so I can't wait to get it back. Being able to swap 4g sim cards is great because I still have my reliable Razr maxx. If the GS3 had the battery life of the maxx it would be the perfect phone. Early adopters like us always have to deal with some kind of defects but that's how it goes with every phone out there. Even the so called perfect apple products launch with major problems though most users never admit to it.

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I would like to add that my battery is much improved over the past 2 GS3's. I haven't even calibrated yet because its only been one day. I took it off the charger at 5:40 this morning and has been heavy usage all day with emails, texts, Google talk, music player, web browsing etc. In a steel building at work. Its 4:20 pm and the batter is still in the green!! My other 2 GS3's were at orange by like 3:00.

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I am stoked by the improvement of my third s3. An update/change was definitely made. This thing feels complete as if it doesn't need the patch that's coming out in October. Everything is working flawlessly. Never experienced that with an Android phone before. It is clear, there were definitely some bad S3's hardware wise that hit the stores at launch.

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been more than happy with the battery life on my phone. The other day took it off the charger around 515am and after spending all day bouncing back and forth betwen 3g and 4g with moderate use, at 9pm I still had 40% of battery life left. I did have to swap out sim cards last week because it wouldn't go to 4g unless I was about a mile from the tower, but since then it has been decent. Would like to see what happens with the update in October.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I am glad that you were able to finally land a solid device. Now you can enjoy the full experience with the rest of us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

scuba561

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I am still having weak wifi issues. If I go to the local store, how hard am I going to have to fight to get this phone (32 gig blue) exchanged? Will they want to take the phone for a week or two and test it? I just kind of doubt they are going to take my word for it and exchange my phone?

sirk0rebreg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I am still having weak wifi issues. If I go to the local store, how hard am I going to have to fight to get this phone (32 gig blue) exchanged? Will they want to take the phone for a week or two and test it? I just kind of doubt they are going to take my word for it and exchange my phone?

wondering about this also...also, i dropped my s3 and there is some cosmetic damage on the soft aluminum bezel up top, will they give me any problems about trying to exchange the phone for a problem they may say was caused by the drop?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just a guess but I would think they'll check it against the store's wifi. If it's good there they'll probably tell you it's your problem. If it's weak there and they know it's a strong signal they'll probably give you an RMA.

joeturni#CB

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I wholeheartedly agree that if you have any issues with your device, keep exchanging it until you are satisfied. I am also on my 3rd device...the first 2 had lousy reception, dropped calls and shaky wifi...This latest phone works like a charm...Don;t give up

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Man some people got bad ones I guess. I'm coming from a galaxy nexus and the S3 is better in every way. Love it.

draco947

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I am stoked by the improvement of my third s3. An update/change was definitely made. This thing feels complete as if it doesn't need the patch that's coming out in October. Everything is working flawlessly. Never experienced that with an Android phone before. It is clear, there were definitely some bad S3's hardware wise that hit the stores at launch.

What's the version on your latest one? (Behind the battery)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci