Stuck ongoing task

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I started a download by accident without having an active data connection and now it's just stuck as evidenced by the screen shot, been that way for an hour. IV tried restarting the phone and it just will not go away, help. It's driving me crazy.

46c2034d-d984-7cd4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Stuck ongoing task

Probably need a data connection to communicate with server to stop que? Not sure

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site

Im connected to data and it still wont do anything. Im getting rather annoyed. I even downloaded the file from the same source and it still will not clear.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site

I corrected the issue. I had to go into my applcation manager, forcestop Gmail and then clear data on download manager. I was trying to download a pic from Gmail which is why I had ot forcestop that app.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Clear the data from download manager, I would guess.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

tjlavallee

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Go into Settings then go to Applications and force stop Download Manager and Clear Data.

You should be good to go after that.

nik1

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

I am also facing the same problem with some PDF. file its stuck n ongoing..i have tried ending all downloads and stuff nthing helped..
Can you suggest something?

PASTORHAPPY

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

HAPPY's Tap and Zap The App Trick

for Samsung S3: drag down as if you were going to go to Settings. But here's the trick: keep your finger on the APP you want to disappear : it will come up with a tab that says ABOUT APP . Tab About App. then tap CLEAR MEMORY. Zap. Gone. But you have not lost the app . It's where you want it on one of your home pages.

Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hope this assists.

HAPPY. 2013 :cool:

doni_therock

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

it's very simple.. I solved it by long pressing on the stuck ongoing download --> App Info --> 1- clear data. 2- force stop. 3- disable. 4- enable.... enjoy it :)