Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

A bag of rice will dry it out. Just take the battery out and stick it in a bag if dry rice for a few days.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

So.. After cleaning the interior components in distilled water and then a little submersion in alcohol.. I got everything working except the back camera... I am thinking about buying the camera on ebay for about thirty bucks and seeing if that will work .. Then just ride it out to its inevitable future death.. Just love the phone even more just for working after all this... I will let you guys know what happens when I get the replacement camera

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ha that's funny my 2 year old jumped in to the pool after I took his water wings off last week. Had to jump in with my clothes to but took phone outta my pocket first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: My S3 is on life support, after being submerged in pool

You submerged it in dry rice and then put it in the oven?

Default Re: My S3 is on life support, after being submerged in pool

Proper submerged method to save your device
    Imediatly pull the battery
    Open phone
    Get q-tips and rubbing alcohol
    Clean everything
    Circit board, batt termenals, all metal, even the inside and outside of the case.

Now wate a day

Meanwhile, go online and find a matching submersion sticker on ebay and watch it.

Now next day, turn on device with fingers crossed. Should work fine, no corosion but a short may have occurred during initial submersion.

If you are having errors, boot into dl mode and flash a new recovery and flash a rom if possable.

If still no luck. Buy the new sticker on ebay, replace yours, go to the store [nope I never submerged it mr cellphone guy]

Sent from my SGH-T889
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12