1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slow WiFi download speeds?

I just got this phone earlier today and I'm really loving it, but the WiFi download speeds are extremely slow. I did some research and tried disabling WiFi power saving mode by calling *#0011#, but my download speeds are still slow. I also tried making it forget the network and pulling my battery. Any ideas?

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Re: Slow WiFi download speeds?

Well... first off, have you tried a variety of wifi networks or are you simply working off of the exact same one? Secondly, how are you measuring and what is your definition of "slow?" Thirdly, are you using 802.11 g or n? If the latter, are you running mixed frequencies? A thousand more questions but I'll end it here.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Slow WiFi download speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by oldAGE View Post
    Well... first off, have you tried a variety of wifi networks or are you simply working off of the exact same one? Secondly, how are you measuring and what is your definition of "slow?" Thirdly, are you using 802.11 g or n? If the latter, are you running mixed frequencies? A thousand more questions but I'll end it here.
    I ended up getting it to download fast as it should last night by tinkering with it until it worked. Earlier today, I pulled my battery to see the model number because I wanted to order a compatible extended battery. Since then, it's been slow again and I can't get it back to how it was last night.

I've tried multiple networks and they all get slow speeds. I get 50mbsp download through my ISP, so I'm puzzled as to why my speeds are so slow. I have no problem connecting to networks by the way.

By slow, I mean YouTube buffering every 10 seconds slow. Apps downloading in increments of 0.30 mbps slow. When it was fast last night, it was downloading at speeds of 4mbsp on average.

802.11 N

I've seen other people online with the same issue. Most likely a hardware issue, so I'm just going to get it replaced tomorrow.