Battery Issues with Gallery App Anyone?

Tony5757

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So I just got my Galaxy S3 a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that lately it's been draining battery quite fast. And I go to check the battery distribution, I notice that the Gallery App has taken up quite a chunk of battery, sometimes 50-60%.

I usually don't open gallery, and I usually click the force stop button but that doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone else has this issue? When this happens my battery usually lasts like 5-7 hours in a day (with usage). But when it doesn't my battery lasts like 10-12 hours (with usage).

I added some screenshots and if anyone can tell me if this is supposed to happen that would be greatly appreciated.

titaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the same exact issue, but this is like the sixth time it has happened. Left the house this morning with 98%, and by noon, battery was at 28%, now battery is at 15%. I have made three phone calls, surfed the internet for about five minutes. Three text messages, nothing else (no gaming, etc).

I just now used TiBu to freeze Gallery. I'll have to see if it happens again.

Screen capture is below...

Last edited:

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I had this issue before. I think i fixed it by going to settings -> accounts & settings, going into all accounts, and removing all of the photo-related sync stuff like instant upload, picasa, and google photos.

titaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I went through the day with "Gallery" frozen by TiBu. It is now 9 pm and my battery is at 50%.

The only thing in my accounts that was set up to sync relating to pictures, gallery, etc. was that I had two Facebook accounts set up. One was my normal facebook and the other was "Facebook (for syncing". The latter had one check labeled com.sec.android.gallery...

I unchecked it, but keep in mind that I have gallery frozen.

Today's screens attached...

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have also had this as well, gallery eating up a bunch of battery and causing the phone to stay in an "Active" state as reporting by the battery monitor. Well there is ways around this, as some of you have suggested, this is definitely a bug and should be fixed... pleeeeease :D

ctirel

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Gallery is active, even when I haven't used it and stays active draining the battery! Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I keep force stopping but it just fe activates.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you follow the instructions in post #3?
This is almost certainly due to some other app/service utilizing the Gallery for its own nefarious purposes and making the Gallery take the fall.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair