Gs3 and google wallet

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's the same BS they tried to say last year after google called them out on not wanting the app when the GNex was released. And saying they don't block apps is an outright lie especially with the recent settlement regarding tethering apps.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/06/technology/verizon_blocks_google_wallet/index.htm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/06/us-verizon-google-idUSTRE7B50JM20111206

They do not block wallet. Period.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
They do not block wallet. Period.

You really need to get off this stance. Everybody keeps proving you wrong, yet you keep insisting that Verizon has nothing to do with it. Nothing shows that Google is blocking it, while everything points to Verizon blocking it.

I can't figure out if you really believe this or if you're just trolling.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You really need to get off this stance. Everybody keeps proving you wrong, yet you keep insisting that Verizon has nothing to do with it. Nothing shows that Google is blocking it, while everything points to Verizon blocking it.

I can't figure out if you really believe this or if you're just trolling.

No one has posted any proof that Verizon is blocking wallet. There is proof to the contrary in the form of other devices on other networks being blocked in the same fashion, while other devices on those same networks are not. Google is the one denying access to wallet.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
No one has posted any proof that Verizon is blocking wallet. There is proof to the contrary in the form of other devices on other networks being blocked in the same fashion, while other devices on those same networks are not. Google is the one denying access to wallet.

Why in the world would Google block it? Heven forbid that they would want to make money.

You keep saying that Google is doing the blocking. Where is YOUR proof?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Why in the world would Google block it? Heven forbid that they would want to make money.

You keep saying that Google is doing the blocking. Where is YOUR proof?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

It doesn't make since that Google would block there own app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Google wouldn't block the app cc they stand to make too much money off of it.

Verizon is blocking.

Galaxy s 3 on sprint gets it, but in Verizon, t mobile, and at&t don't?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

imneveral0ne

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

mgO8I.jpg

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The guy is obviously trolling. Why in the world would Google block their own app yet advertise it? That's ed. He is just trying to piss people off.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The guy is obviously trolling. Why in the world would Google block their own app yet advertise it? That's ed. He is just trying to piss people off.

*ding ding ding*

There is proof to the contrary in the form of other devices on other networks being blocked in the same fashion, while other devices on those same networks are not.

wait what? Sprint is the ONLY carrier that has partnered with Google for Google Wallet. All of their handsets with NFC support Google Wallet. What does AT&T, TMobile and Verizon all have in common? They all partnered with ISIS and have all told Google they didn't want it which is why NONE of their carrier-branded NFC capable devices actually support it.

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's correct the mobile phone company's are attempting get there own type of mobile wallet

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Also maybe the new Mobile Payment Standards Committee will be more effective than "18 month" update committee.
Google, U.S. carriers and PayPal join mobile payments standards comittee | Android Central

The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA) announced that it has formed what they are calling the Mobile Payments Committee -- a group of companies working together to create common standards and advance the current mobile payment situation in the U.S. Notable partners include AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon, as well as other industry partners like Google and ISIS.

While the companies are all focusing on competing products, they realize the benefit that comes with getting merchants on board working with regulators to get some standard rules in place. According to ETA CEO Jason Oxman, "The idea behind the committee is to get all the players around the table, ask everyone to take off their company hats and put on their industry hats, and talk about what issues need to be resolved."

We agree. In the end only the companies who can offer what consumers want in a safe and easy to use way will survive, so it's important to get all the rules and standards put in place while the technology is still in the early stages. We don't see any of the participants willing to drop their offerings in favor of another, but hopefully a set of common goals can be used to get mobile payment technology into the public's hands where the best product can win. Waiting until one or more of the partners have pulled ahead will only make it harder to adopt legislation that's fair to all parties.

The Mobile Payment Committee will hold its first meeting in late August, with regular monthly meetings to follow. We've been crowing for some standardization for a while now, so we think this is great news. The full press release is after the break.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Can't you just download the apk. file like on the Verizon gnex? I had Google wallet working fine on my Verizon branded Gnex and had no issues just by finding the most current version of the apk. from xda.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Can't you just download the apk. file like on the Verizon gnex? I had Google wallet working fine on my Verizon branded Gnex and had no issues just by finding the most current version of the apk. from xda.

I have it. Google is blocking access to it through the app itself.

D5S

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I might be posting this question in the wrong forum thread, as it seems this thread is preoccupied allocating blame for blocking GWallet on the GS3.

But, I'll give this a try anyway.

A friend of mine has a Verizon GS3 i535 and is attempting to get Wallet working. I've already figured out how to get the app downloaded, and the phone is rooted, but I have yet to edit the build.prop as I have read can be done to get Wallet working.
Question: Is there a ROM that I can flash to the i535 that will allow Wallet to work without editing the build.prop? For instance, does anyone know if it will work on CM9 or CM10? For that matter, does anyone know of a stable CM version for the GS3?

Thanks!

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine has a Verizon GS3 i535 and is attempting to get Wallet working. I've already figured out how to get the app downloaded, and the phone is rooted, but I have yet to edit the build.prop as I have read can be done to get Wallet working.
Question: Is there a ROM that I can flash to the i535 that will allow Wallet to work without editing the build.prop? For instance, does anyone know if it will work on CM9 or CM10? For that matter, does anyone know of a stable CM version for the GS3?

Thanks!

I don't think there's a ROM that will allow you to do that. The reason for changing the build.prop file is to trick wallet into thinking it's installed on one of the phones in which it's allowed. After installing wallet and setting everything up, you are able to change build.prop back to the original file. I was able to get everything up and running by using the settings for the HTC Jewel. Hopefully this helps.

Reactions: D5S

D5S

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your answer, sparesr4sissies.

I would have already gone in and edited the build.prop but, for some reason, the phone gives me an error message every time I try to do a nandroid backup. Until I get the backup issue fixed, I've told him he's just going to have to wait on getting Wallet working.