Gs3 and google wallet

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for your answer, sparesr4sissies.

I would have already gone in and edited the build.prop but, for some reason, the phone gives me an error message every time I try to do a nandroid backup. Until I get the backup issue fixed, I've told him he's just going to have to wait on getting Wallet working.

What version of recovery are you using and where are you trying to back it up? If the external sdcard, what size is it?

D5S

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
PJnc284,

Version :ClockworkMod 5.8.4.8

External SD card. 9789MB free space.

It says, "Error while backing up boot image! /tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log Please open ROM Manager to report the issue."

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
PJnc284,

Version :ClockworkMod 5.8.4.8

External SD card. 9789MB free space.

It says, "Error while backing up boot image! /tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log Please open ROM Manager to report the issue."

That's an old version. Use EZ-Recovery to flash 6.0.1.0

Reactions: D5S

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Why would Google block their own app? That makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

They are. Verizon cannot block access to the enter the wallet app itself. That's all Google.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
YOUR WRONG POINT BLANK PERIOD

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

So you're saying Verizon can somehow reach into googles app? Google is the one blocking access. They are the ONLY one that could do so.

Please, tell us another story since you have an overactive imagination.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
So you're saying Verizon can somehow reach into googles app? Google is the one blocking access. They are the ONLY one that could do so.

Please, tell us another story since you have an overactive imagination.

No but they can tell Google to not make it compatible and why would google want to deal with support issues on a device/network that essentially banished them. Plus you can't even search AND download it directly from the Play Store on the device which verizon certainly has control over. My understanding is that Google Wallet is much more than your usual app and requires both the phone and the app itself to be modified to work effectively. See the Google Wallet issues with the HTC Evo 4GLTE at launch and that's a SPRINT phone.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have it. Google is blocking access to it through the app itself.

That sucks I'm glad that all of these mobile payments are coming together to get the technology out there and the head of the committee works for Verizon so whether it be GW or Isis I'll be able to use the nfc chip for other things then android beam which I haven't used on my GS3 or the 5 nexus phones that I've had. Going in to Mcdonalds and paying with Google wallet was just awesome and a lot of gas stations near me have the terminals so I'm really hoping that some form of nfc enabled payment will be available on my GS3 very soon without having to root a phone with a locked bootloader.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No but they can tell Google to not make it compatible and why would google want to deal with support issues on a device/network that essentially banished them. Plus you can't even search AND download it directly from the Play Store on the device which verizon certainly has control over. My understanding is that Google Wallet is much more than your usual app and requires both the phone and the app itself to be modified to work effectively. See the Google Wallet issues with the HTC Evo 4GLTE at launch and that's a SPRINT phone.

And there is absolutely no proof that Verizon has done that.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Not-Sure-if-serious.jpg

jcondon

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
And there is absolutely no proof that Verizon has done that.

So let me see if I understand.

Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile are (or were up until very recently) working together on their own mobile payment system (ISIS) to compete with Google Wallet.

Sprint is the only carrier with official Google Wallet support.

Google wants to make money in the local ad space. It would stand to reason that they would want their app on all the major and minor carriers phones they can.

But you think Google only wants to work with Sprint or something?

Seems like it is in Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile interest NOT to have Google Wallet on their phones if they are going to launch a competing service.

Seems like it is Google's best interest to have Google Wallet on as many different phones no matter what the carrier.

But it is Google is going out of it's way to block access to Google Wallet to all the carriers but Sprint?

Verizon Blocks Google Wallet on New Smartphones - WSJ.com

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Are u sure it isn't just a software update of the phone. I know I got that message until they did a fix to allow my handset to be compatible with it about a month ago

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Mo G

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought nexus 4 in US and was able to use it without any simcard, but on wifi. I was able to pay at couple of locations and see tran history when wifi is connected.
Now, I am temporarily in the UK. Even before I inserted a sim card, googel wallet displays "unfortunately google wallet is not available....network" message.

So, this makes me believe that Google is using either wifi networks or gps to determine location and not allowing access.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084