Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is this icon next to my text messages??

There's a little x icon next to the name, it only happens to some text messages not all conversations have it, only certain ones. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I think that means failed to send, touch it and you should get option to resend

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the quick response, but every time I touch it, it opens the text message, and the other person receives everything I sent them.

Carrier
    CM10

Default Re: What is this icon next to my text messages??

I've had this problem with my Galaxy S3 and my Fascinate in weak signal areas. The phone thinks it failed to send, while the message actually did make it out.

If you use Tango it puts those X's next to your contacts that also use it. Don't know why they went with an X to represent that though.
    lopezj760 and Lisa Howell like this.

If you have that person as a contact in Google Talk its letting you know that they are not available. If it is a green dot they are available and a orange dot means they are idle/away. It's handy if you are on a limited texting plan ... you can send your message via Google Talk instead.
    lopezj760 and qb175 like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Graphixx30 View Post
    If you have that person as a contact in Google Talk its letting you know that they are not available. If it is a green dot they are available and a orange dot means they are idle/away. It's handy if you are on a limited texting plan ... you can send your message via Google Talk instead.
    Yes that's what it was, for me it was tango, I had that person log onto tango andnlooked and it turned green. Thanks

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by grimey1118 View Post
    If you use Tango it puts those X's next to your contacts that also use it. Don't know why they went with an X to represent that though.
    It was tango. Thanks.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

So my next question, is there a way to remove this from there? Do I have to unlink the tango contacts?

Yes you have to unlink tango

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Thats def it. I jus got tango n thats when the x started to appear. Thank u. Been driving me crazy!

How exactly do I unlink my contacts from tango?

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Carrier
    JT's JB CM 10

Go into settings, to accounts, and click on tango.. and then hit unsync, Id remove it totally, and say no if it asks to integrate.

I have a contact today that has a orange clock beside name under Google talk and a green dot under my factory text messaging. They have always been the same color for both Google talk and messaging. What does that mean?