1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Juice defender

Hey everybody, is anyone using juice defender successfully on the s3 and if so what settings are you using
    Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Juice defender

Haven't found a need to use an app like JD. The battery life on the GS3 is much better than the GNex it replaced (w/extended battery) for me.
    a little obsessive...

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts

Which extended battery do you guys recommend that doesn't require replacement door?

As for Juice Defender, I am currently using it right now, not sure if it makes any difference.

GreenPower Premium is essentially the same thing, but it wouldn't toggle my 3G back on when I woke my phone up. Uninstalled it :/

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Is there an extended battery that doesn't require a replacement door?

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtM88 View Post
    Hey everybody, is anyone using juice defender successfully on the s3 and if so what settings are you using
    Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    I did custom but free version has limitations. I may buy the paid version.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Anyone else have this issue with JD? Once I wake up the phone after some down time half the apps don't work. I am unable to get weather or anything else that uses data. i have to restart the phone to get all the functions back. I did nothing to the settings either and have it on the default balanced setting. Any ideas before i dump it off?

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I made a thread a couple days ago about JD. Stopped working correctly for me after a week

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I do not need juice defender on this phone.

I've been using it for about a month.

I like the fact that it automatically turns off my wifi when I leave the signal area and turns it on when I return. I have Tasker and it had a similar feature, but wasn't as reliable.

JD will also turn off your radios when you put your phone to sleep and then turn it on a predetermined intervals to check for info. It doesn't always reliably turn it back on and connect though, so I have it set to keep wifi on at known wifi locations when asleep.

I think it saves me power. When asleep and not using wifi my phone uses 1-2% per hour.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has other apps that work as well.