Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phantom Emails

On my Galaxy S3 my phone is showing that have have two emails. (on the envelope icon) And i don't have any new emails. It also seems like I have to hit the refresh button to recieve my new emails which just started recently. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this problem? The phantom 2 email indicator is driving me crazy.

Default Re: Phantom Emails

You might want to scroll all the way to the bottom of your Emails. Occassionally I get Emails that display a received date of 12/31/1969.

Just a thought.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I tried that multiple times with no success.

I had an email that kept showing up even after I had deleted it.
    I finally deleted the email account and then set it back up again.
    That did the trick.

I believe there is a problem with Gmail if that is what you are using. I get the notification but if I click on my Gmail there are no new emails. If I select from the notification bar at the top and click it then the new emails show up. It only randomly does this. Is this similar to your probkem?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks. Thats what I ended up doing and it seems to be ok for now. I appreciate the suggestion.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It wasn't actually my Gmail. It seems to be working fine. It was my hotmail. I deleted the account and stsrted over. It seems to be ok for now. My Incredible 2 used to do it on occasion but the next time i got email it would fix itself. Anyways, Thanks!