Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Default GS3 "Developer" version?

Anyone know what happened to this? Verizon being jerks and delaying the release until the the S3 is ancient technology again like they did to the GNex? :-P

Default Re: GS3 "Developer" version?

I'm guessing Verizon has everything to do with the developer edition not being available from Samsung. The release of this device would pretty much confirm that Verizon's claim to have a locked down bootloader on the regular version of the GS3 is all about "network reliability and user experience".

Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    I'm guessing Verizon has everything to do with the developer edition not being available from Samsung. The release of this device would pretty much confirm that Verizon's claim to have a locked down bootloader on the regular version of the GS3 is all about "network reliability and user experience".
    The GNex and all other post OG-Droid non-Motorola phones already completely negate their argument. Heck the Thunderbolt and Rezound are even unlockable via htcdev.com (no S-OFF though). Either way it's still all BS as locking the bootloader effectively stops nothing.

And boom goes the dynamite http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=30274025. Verizon OFFICIALLY pwnt
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

lol...and now Samsung knows better than to work w/ Verizon. Though they should have learned their lesson w/ the GNex

Can someone open a petition up for this... I mean it's the ONLY gs3 that has a locked bootloader.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 View Post
    Can someone open a petition up for this... I mean it's the ONLY gs3 that has a locked bootloader.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Verizon doesn't give a rat's azz about any petitions. Though the FCC complaints ppl have been filing gets their attention, because they have to cc their responses to the FCC. And after so many complaints, the FCC might actually start to take notice that something might be up and do a little investigating. The FCC already stuck Verizon with a small (to Verizon) fine recently.