Stock calendar - problem with reminders

vtfrisbee

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm sorry if this has been answered already but I have been looking for weeks to no avail. I really like the stock calendar on my S3 but I keep getting frustrated at it for not giving me reminders on events I add even though I have it set to do a default reminder for 15 minutes before the event. I finally realized that if I don't go to "edit event details" then it won't set a reminder for me at all, but if I do go there then the default reminder is already included.

Is there any way to have the stock calendar give me the default reminder I ask it to give without going into that extra screen every time? Anyone else encounter this problem?

Thanks.

vtfrisbee

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a notification. In the settings it is set to 15 minutes for default. Basically I just need something to remind me of things I need to do :p

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
This is a bug. Mine does the exact same thing.

Some are having this issue and others aren't so it's not every phone but it def needs to be addressed because this is the 3rd or 4th thread that I've seen. I've had no problems with reminders and I set mine using S-voice.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem with reminders at all. I get Exchange reminders as well a task reminders through Astrid. Everything works as it should.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems with Reminders, but had to get a paid app to put my own ringtones in as reminders. I couldn't hear the default reminder that was set with Stock Calendar which I really liked. Right now I'm using Calengoo and set my own notification ringtones I want and it has been working for me. Also Tried Business Calendar and can set my own ringtones on that also, but like Calengoo a little more. So far no problems with getting my reminder notificatins and they are plenty loud now.

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
none of my reminders for the calender are working at all. It doesnt matter what I have them set to, they just dont work.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine somemtimes works and sometimes doesn't. I have my settings set up correctly. If I tell S-voice to remind me to pick my nose today at 9:30 I will get the alert on my lock screen along with the alert tone. When I tell S-voice to remind me to call Anthony at 10 it shows up on my tasks list, but no alert.

I just started realizing that this was a problem the other day when I missed a reminder to make a call at a certain time. I now find myself going in to each task to verify that a reminder alert was set up.

Strange!!!

twitisshit

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I had problems with calendar reminders on my stock JB calendar app (Samsung GS3 Verizon)

The fix was to sign into Google Calendar from my computer and carefully review the settings, specifically the reminders and notification settings. Apparently these override what I have set on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci