Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disappearing keypad during voicemail call

First of all, I apologize if this topic has been address already on another thread. I am not only new to my first Smartphone ever, but this is also the first Forum I have ever signed up for, so I am new to everything.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon) on 4.0.4. When I call to retrieve my voicemails and hit the show keypad button, the minute to try to enter my password the screen goes black and returns once I let my finger off of the screen, but then goes black again when I try to enter a number.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Disappearing keypad during voicemail call

I fixed the issue on my own. I disabled the proximity sensor and then turned it back on and it now worked.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vab05 View Post
    I fixed the issue on my own. I disabled the proximity sensor and then turned it back on and it now worked.
    I'm having the same issue. Where is the proximity sensor controls located?

I have also had this issue! The one flaw I have had!
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3

the other way to fix this is to press the phone icon to bring up the dialer. Next hit the menu key and go to call settings. Scroll down to voicemail settings. This will bring up a box with the *86. After the *86 place one or two commas, then type in your passcode. After doing this, the next time you have the voice mail icon in the notification bar, swipe the notification area to get the drop down box and hit the voicemail notification and then it will dial the voicemail number. The commas put in a pause and then it sends your passcode.
    sent from my awesome Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts

I had this bad on the device I returned. Today was the first day it has happend on my new SGS3. It is frustrating. It seems like even a shadow hitting the proximity sensor shuts off the screen. Is there any where to adjust the sensitivity?

Thanks radar 320.....this was the perfect fix.

ahhhh thanks for the fix!

Radar 320: Yours was a great tip. Thanks.