No Sim/Connections Issues Observations

DomL25

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure how useful this post will be... I've recently been wondering if I have one of the S3's with the connection switching issues. So for what it's worth, here's some observations I've made. (Hey I'm an engineer, so sue me :) )

Where I sit at work I get borderline LTE and mostly 3G; now the reception here isn't the greatest to begin with, but I go from 1x to LTE and randomly drop data connection all together. To give a good idea how random the connection is... in the same spot I've gone from 400bits down 100 bits up on 1x (yes, bits) to 20Mbits down and 10 Mbits up on LTE. Same exact spot. My phone goes crazy once in awhile due to constantly changing connections.

I'm starting to think this might be a software issue, because when the phone goes into "no data" mode I open the Task Manager and clear memory. Usually once I do this my phone immediately goes to LTE and data is strong for a short while again. Today I did this and for the first time I got a "No Sim" error, I had never had that before. My best guess is that the underlying radio software has some major bugs in it that are exacerbated by signal quality or hardware issues.

To the people that were able to get VZ to swap their phones out due to connection issues, have you guys had any of the same experiences? Is it worth me trying to replace my current phone?

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Did you upgrade to the GS3 from another 4G phone and use the same sim card?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol