Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gallery Problem.. or bug?

Hello,

I just noticed this on my phone.
    If I go into my gallery on my S3 sometimes.. i notice that when i try to zoom on the picture.. i cannot zoom all the way in.. its almost like a resolution drop in the picture itself.

For example.. if i go through camera.. take a picture.. and view the picture from the camera app.. i can zoom in very clearly where all letters are precise.

After i go out of the app. and go to the Gallery application.. that same 8megapixel picture.. no longer is as "clear"... its almost as though the Gallery application downsizes the resolution of the pic.

One way to solve this is to do a battery pull.. and momentarily when u turn the phone on.. in the gallery it will be very clear. but after a few minutes if you go back.. it'll drop the resolution down again..

From here.. if u want to see the precise version of the picture.. you can always go through the camera app into the gallery to see FULL ZOOM and clarity.

Anyone else notice this?
    Please advise.

Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Gallery Problem.. or bug?

Btw.. best way to verify this is to take pictures of words..
    Anyone else have or not have this problem?

I've noticed this too on occasion. Although if I simply back out of the gallery app then go back in, it works correctly. Think it a bug.

I have a tablet that I want to use to show people photos (I'm a photographer), but no matter what resolution I render the images to send to the tablet... once they are viewed in 'Gallery' the resolution is reduced to... ****e!
    I tested this by sending an image to the tablet via bluetooth, I viewed the image by accessing it through the 'file browser' and it looks great... view it from within 'Gallery' and it goes all bandy (instead of smooth light-to-dark grading, it has bands of tones) and looks bad!
    I can't be showing photographs that look second-rate to prospective clients I meet... and I can't be opening them up one at a time through the file browser.
    I want to select a gallery, set a slideshow in motion and pass it to them (BTW the slideshow makes them look even worse - it makes them blurry as well)
    I don't want to buy an ipad, but it has to look better than this offering or I have no choice. I used to use my smartphone, but the bigger screen on the tablet makes a better look (maybe).
    Is there a way around this, or a proper image viewer in the google store? Any ideas or fixes will be appreciated.

You could try QuickPic: http://market.android.com/details?id...ensw.PicFolder as an alternative to the stock Gallery application. It offers a slideshow feature; I haven't noticed any problems with being able to zoom in; and it's free.
    You could also try posting in the specific forum for your tablet (I didn't see a mention of which one you have), since this is the forum for the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2