Delayed emails

gafman

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue were you get emails up to a week delayed? I will look at my email icon and see a few or no emails. Then look a few minutes later and see 50-75 available. Some of them are up to a week late. I tried searching this issue but have come up empty on this issue. Just a little quirk I can deal with, otherwise I love the phone. Any suggestions will be helpful.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I havent had an issue with the stock gmail app, but when using the stock app for other email, and the yahoo email app itself, I have had an issue with delayed emails. No notification, but when I go into the app, it shows that I have them

gafman

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock email app. It only seems to be an issue with my hotmail accounts. I will try a different email app (heard good things about k-9) are there any other recommendations?

RunSilent23

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock email app. It only seems to be an issue with my hotmail accounts. I will try a different email app (heard good things about k-9) are there any other recommendations?

I linked my Hotmail accounts to Gmail. No more delays. You can respond with your Gmail or Hotmail accounts as well.

Reactions: gafman

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Try Maildroid. Its an AWESOME email app with unbeatable customer service. If you have any questions, they literally respond within hours somehow even with millions of users. Try the free version first as the paid version is really expensive and basically is the same (minus ads). I went for the Pro version because I liked it so much and never looked back. Tried K9 but found Maildroid to be faster in all my tests and didn't have to deal with the annoying "polling". Maildroid handles Yahoo mail especially well and I've never had any issues with running my gmail, yahoo, and business IMAP email through them. Emails come almost instantly. Highly recommend it. Plus, like I said, they are always adding new features and making it look and run better and the best thing again is they respond to all emails super fast.

Good luck!

Reactions: gafman

T_Virus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
i believe there are still some issues with the exchange server which is why there are delays. My gmail doesn't delay but my hotmail (microsoft exchange) does. Just this morning, my hotmail was missing and I had to restore it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timwelby