I don't understand S Voice

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I know s voice is pretty much crap, but the only real thing I want to use it for is reminders, if I say "remind me to do homework at noon" it will add the event to calendar and show it all ready but yet reminder is off. How should I talk to it to set a reminder and give me a notification
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Or to restate what's the best way to get reminders that have a notification from s voice

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
My S-voice sets appointments with reminders just by telling it to. I actually find it very useful and I didn't have high hopes for it. That being said I really want google now asap with some JB goodness but that's going to be a bit of a wait.

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My S-voice sets appointments with reminders just by telling it to. I actually find it very useful and I didn't have high hopes for it. That being said I really want google now asap with some JB goodness but that's going to be a bit of a wait.

Well I mean it had said "okay I'll remind you" but when the time comes I get no notification or anything, just a calendar event, but I don't ever check it, what do you say to it? Does she just not like me?

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I mean it had said "okay I'll remind you" but when the time comes I get no notification or anything, just a calendar event, but I don't ever check it, what do you say to it? Does she just not like me?

You have to buy her a couple drinks first, then she'll do whatever you want.

cavscout19

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Shot in the dark here.....go into your calender and make sure the option to have a reminder automatically setup is checked on.
I never used reminders bc I'm always going into my calender so I had to UN check this option to avoid reminders auto being set....
Hope this helps

Tapped on my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

cavscout19

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
default reminder time is what it's called fyi
Calender>menu button>settings>default reminder time
Tapped on my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Magnets; how do they work?

Don't invest confidence into S-Voice. You're not misusing it, it's just janky.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll say there was night and day difference going from S Voice to Google Now. It's soooooo much better. It's much more powerful and accurate.

If you want Google Now . . . .now, you'll have to root, unlock the bootloader and install a ROM. In my case I'm running Synergy ( Synergy ROM ), which is an ICS ROM. Once a good JB ROM becomes stable, I'm sure I'll move over to it. In the meantime, Synergy gave me Google Now and the ability to dump S Voice for good.

Metups

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I jumped aboard the Google Now for ICS Project on XDA. Works great. You do need to root, but no need to install a ROM.

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll say there was night and day difference going from S Voice to Google Now. It's soooooo much better. It's much more powerful and accurate.

If you want Google Now . . . .now, you'll have to root, unlock the bootloader and install a ROM. In my case I'm running Synergy ( Synergy ROM ), which is an ICS ROM. Once a good JB ROM becomes stable, I'm sure I'll move over to it. In the meantime, Synergy gave me Google Now and the ability to dump S Voice for good.

CyanogenMod 10 is an excellent jelly bean mod I'm using it right now and I haven't found the problem although I did have a lot of problems downloading it slash putting it on the phone but it's all good now and running smoothly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac