Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stop GS3 from talking to me

For some reason my phone has started talking to me. When I open a folder it says 'folder is open' when I close a folder it says 'folder is closed.' I have checked the accessibility options and this talking to me thing is not enabled. Does anyone know how to make it stop?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Default Re: Stop GS3 from talking to me

Is it set to driving mode?
    mjacob2448 likes this.

Go into app manager, all, and disable both Google and Samsung text to speech. It's a bug that occurs when you have another app, NoLed in my case, under accessibility.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Okay I screwed this up. I was reading your post on my nexus 7 and without thinking went into the apps manager and disabled Google text to speech. Now it's gone off the list and I don't know how to get back. I'm afraid to try it on my phone until I know how to get it back.

Also if I do this will Google Now and other text to speech apps still work?
    Deb
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by GTS21 View Post
    Is it set to driving mode?
    I don't think so. I didn't set it that way anyway but I can't find where to turn it on or off either.
    Deb

Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    Okay I screwed this up. I was reading your post on my nexus 7 and without thinking went into the apps manager and disabled Google text to speech. Now it's gone off the list and I don't know how to get back. I'm afraid to try it on my phone until I know how to get it back.

Also if I do this will Google Now and other text to speech apps still work?
    Disabled apps get moved to the bottom of the app list. Scroll down and it will be there.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:

Driving mode. Open notification and swipe the toggles to the right
    Thanked by 3:

I bet cnlson is correct....my mom had this problem with hers and I finally figured out the driving mode had been accidentally toggled as she learned her way around the phone.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by cnlson View Post
    Driving mode. Open notification and swipe the toggles to the right
    Driving mode was sent to OFF.
    Deb
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by kcalmol View Post
    Go into app manager, all, and disable both Google and Samsung text to speech. It's a bug that occurs when you have another app, NoLed in my case, under accessibility.

Found thes and disabled them. Tested and the problem seems to be gone. Re-enabled them, tested, problem still seems to be solved. I Thank you for your help.
    Deb
    Thanked by:
    lesir 

If you have light flow app delete it. I know it sounds crazy but trust me. It will stop it.

I have this same issue but I think I diagnosed it differently. I have an app called "Missed Message Flasher free" that I had just enabled under Accessibility settings. When it is enabled the GS has voice output such as "folder open" but has no voice output when I disable "Missed Message Flasher". I really need that app enabled. Any ideas how to get around this? Sounds like a bug in the OS. I used this same app on my Droid Charge without any problems.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Light Flow or some other app has turned on some Accessibility options. Try disabling Power Controls.

Settings > Accessibility > Power Controls > turn Power Controls OFF
    From the AT&T S3 Forum: "Folder is Open" Notification

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenova1914 View Post
    If you have light flow app delete it. I know it sounds crazy but trust me. It will stop it.

Holy hell this worked! thank you so much

Thanks a bunch that was soo annoying

Thank you bluenova1814 it was the lightflow app. Deleted that & the voices stopped. 1000 Thanks to you.

I had the same issue when i enabled the app missed it. for the notification badges to work it needs to be enabled in Accessibility - which is fine if your using a 3rd party launcher but back on touchwiz it will give you the "folder open/closed" routine. Simply go into Accessibility and uncheck the app enabled.

Cheers buddy, this helped with my wifes new samsung also....

great info that was on point for the galaxy s3 thank you all the others didnt work

Yes, once I turned off the driving mode, the talking stopped.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Its a long running Samsung problem. Developers have been complaining. It does it with my Pebble watch app too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyKids View Post
    For some reason my phone has started talking to me. When I open a folder it says 'folder is open' when I close a folder it says 'folder is closed.' I have checked the accessibility options and this talking to me thing is not enabled. Does anyone know how to make it stop?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Here is another solution to turn off talkback:

I noticed this problem for the first time yesterday. I also have Light Flow. Did a bunch of reading last night and tried several fixes, the only thing that worked included disabling Google's Text to Speech and Samsung's Text to Speech. I really hated doing that because I don't know if I will need them again at some point.. Did not want to uninstall Light Flow so I figured the sacrifice was worth it. Well, just a few mins ago I got an alert on my phone that there was an update for Light Flow - for the talking folder issue..... Grrrr.. I updated, now I have to figure out how to get back the Text to Speech stuff..

do you have the driving mode unchecked at the top of your s3 that you swipe down

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Try this i know that will help you.. http://howik.com/Disable_Talk_Back_Mode_in_Samsung_Galaxy_S3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast