Google Voice

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello...I recently joined Verizon from Sprint, because of my horrid connection/speeds. With Sprint I could fully integrate my cell phone number with Google Voice, instead of having to get a separate Google Voice number. With Verizon, you cannot use Google Voice to text/call with your current cell phone number, it will only forward voicemails. Has anyone read anything about this changing in the future and VZW becoming fully integrated, ESP now that they have basically switched all plans to unlimited text/calls -so they aren't losing that business to Google anymore. I used Google Voice all the time on Sprint and this is really a drag.

Thanks for any input....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

pakmansi

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I use my google voice number to make calls all the time. Just go into the google voice settings and under the "making calls" option select "use google voice to make all calls".

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat (coming from Sprint using the integration). I read something in March or May about it possibly coming to Verizon, but nothing since.

I ended up migrating my Sprint/voice number to Verizon, and then getting a new Voice number that I just use for the visual voicemail now.

I had originally gotten a new Verizon number and kept the Sprint number as my Google Voice number, but it didn't work out that well. In order to have the other end's caller ID show it as me (and not the new/unknown Verizon number), I had to always call using Voice, which requires a data connection to initiate the call, and then my texts would never come in as the Voice number (assuming I wanted to use a decent texting app and not the Voice app).

If Verizon integrates it like Sprint, I'll do it in a heartbeat.

Last edited: