Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Odd Bugs Started This Week...

My GS3 had been acting perfectly since day one...like perfectly. This week however two annoying bugs have started happening repeatedly and don't go away after restarting. First the haptic feedback stops working...and when I go into the settings the box is unchecked. Once I check it, it begins working for awhile. Secondly the proximity sensor randomly stops working and while on a call vibrates on my check because my face is hitting things while on the call. Thirdly the Wifi randomly turns on and off...I notice this because I turn it off while commuting to work and sometimes it ends up being on when I arrive.

Haven't loaded any shady apps...for some reason I think it may have to do with the desktop cradle I bought for it, the one by Samsung or it has to do with tech tiles somehow. Yes I programmed them correctly...and it had worked fine for at least a week till this weird week of bugs.

Anyone seeing these issues or have ideas to fix?

"I'm sorry sir, but your request was for TWO issues to be addressed and then you had the audacity to list THREE problems - we will not be able to assist you until you correct this deficiency."

Heh heh - sorry, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have some fun.

Seriously, though, the problems that you listed don't appear to be directly related. It may be quicker/simpler to backup your data and do a factory reset and see if the problems go away. If they all go away, start adding things back slowly to see if a particular app is causing one or more of those problems; if they don't all go away after a factory reset then perhaps your phone is showing the first signs of having a hardware issue. (BTW, I have the Samsung desktop dock and haven't noticed any strange behavior that I can attribute to it, other than my screen turning on in the middle of the night when the phone gets fully charged.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GSDer; 08-25-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Sinclair ZX-80 OMG! I remember that (ssd to say) built one in tech class in 8th grade.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I can maybe help with the first one. Do you use Power Saver Mode? I found out that when I turned that on, it turned off my haptic feedback. When I turned off Power Saver, the phone didn't automatically turn them back on. The only way to fix that is to go into your Power Saver settings and uncheck "turn off haptic feedback" while in Power Saver Mode.

I hope that helps. That's the only thing I know of. Sorry, I can't help with the other issues, but hopefully someone else here can chime in.

On the WiFi and tech tiles, do you carry your tiles with you on your commute?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Default Re: Odd Bugs Started This Week...

Since you have already ruled out any apps causing the issue, I would start by removing the battery (sometimes this simple procedure clears any glitches left in memory). Next I would clear the phone cache. I perform both of these at least once month to keep my phone running smooth. You might also want to remove the SD card and see if that might be the source of your issues (sometimes a bad card or corrupted file can cause issues).

Edit: Re-Read your post. Even apps that are not "Shady" can sometimes cause conflict with settings. I would encourage you to have Second look at those to rule them out.
    Last edited by Ricky Babalu; 08-26-2012 at 12:57 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    Since you have already ruled out any apps causing the issue, I would start by removing the battery (sometimes this simple procedure clears any glitches left in memory). Next I would clear the phone cache. I perform both of these at least once month to keep my phone running smooth. You might also want to remove the SD card and see if that might be the source of your issues (sometimes a bad card or corrupted file can cause issues).

Edit: Re-Read your post. Even apps that are not "Shady" can sometimes cause conflict with settings. I would encourage you to have Second look at those to rule them out.
    How do you clear the cache on android 4.0?
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    How do you clear the cache on android 4.0?
    Power phone off>Hold volume up + Home + Power> Wipe Cache Partition>Reboot.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Doesn't that delete all app settings and data?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums