Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Patr1ck
  • 1 Post By Patr1ck
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Home button problem?

Hey guys when I first got my S3 about 6 days ago the house me button was raised and felt decent. Today I noticed that the home button is practically flush with the phone. Is any one else experiencing this? Should I exchange it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    BBSeattle likes this.

Default Re: Home button problem?

Mine has always been flush... Maybe it "clicked" into place.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Not sure, mine seems find. I'm not sure though if it is any lower or higher than yours.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Mine is slightly raised. If it works fine still its up to u.

Mine felt higher when I first got it, but that was running 'naked'. I added a screen protector after a couple of days and could swear that the Home button still felt higher, but it's definitely flush with the screen protector now. So who knows if I was just imagining things or if the button has sunken in a bit.

Off topic, but I really wish Samsung had gone with a capacitive button rather than the physical one - I can already see the day coming when that thing quits altogether, just like the power button on my last phones. I try to avoid using it as much as possible for that very reason - if I could find an app to map that functionality to a screen press somewhere else I'd be doing that instead.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Patr1ck View Post
    Hey guys when I first got my S3 about 6 days ago the house me button was raised and felt decent. Today I noticed that the home button is practically flush with the phone. Is any one else experiencing this? Should I exchange it?

After thinking about it for a bit, I'd take it back. If you are uncomfortable with anything on the phone, get it returned/exchanged while you are still in your 14 day window rather than risking not exchanging it and then being subjected to either VZW, or the insurance people's Certified Like Used products.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'm going to exchange it

pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

Sounds like you are bored..I would not worry about that.

My home button is a fraction of a mm higher than the screen, just enough so that you can feel it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home button problem?-gs3-home-button-small.jpg  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now...

Quote Originally Posted by breeze View Post
    My home button is a fraction of a mm higher than the screen, just enough so that you can feel it.
    Mine looks like his...

I guess it's all relative; seems like a valid concern and where better to ask than a Galaxy S3 forum?
    You actually taking the time to read and offer a useless response seems more an act of "boredom".

Quote Originally Posted by mistermean666 View Post
    Sounds like you are bored..I would not worry about that.

completely normal.happened to my s3 after about two weeks.nothing u can do.even if u get a replacement it will happen again.its just one of the downfalls of physical home keys

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

My phone is exactly the same way. When I first got it I could have sworn that my button was a little higher. Then the other day I picked it up the button felt a little bit lower almost flushed. This is my second week of owning the phone, but the button is still working like it should. So I am not going to worry about it.

I had the same problem, and to me it really was a problem and it was definitely not how it should be I hated that physical button , my home button was flushed since I bought it and I thought it's how it should be. Later after using different s3 I noticed that whole bottom of my screen is slightly raised, what made home button flushed, and I noticed that while applying pressure to the bottom of screen it rises. To fix this I suggest taking your phone to the warranty (if you have one) or like me you can do it by yourself. To do it I used heat gun (you can use hair dryer) , took of my battery and heated screen to about 60-80c, applied pressure with fingers to the bottom and it seemed like snapped into place. Now it's so much better, phone works perfectly . I hope this helps , good luck

sir where should I apply the pressure?

This always happen to me a lot my center button works and it doesn't work sometime . I reset and factory my phone today and still wont workwwork what should I do and I been having my phone since Feb of this year this is the third time this happen to me.