1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Was there an update to this phone and I missed it

I noticed the other day in my stock text messages that the threads I have contact names have turned from white to blue??
    Im not rooted dont have any other text messaging apps on my phone other than what came on the phone.. DId we get an update?? has anyone noticed this

Default Re: Was there an update to this phone and I missed it

Quote Originally Posted by tmax1964 View Post
    I noticed the other day in my stock text messages that the threads I have contact names have turned from white to blue??
    Im not rooted dont have any other text messaging apps on my phone other than what came on the phone.. DId we get an update?? has anyone noticed this
    Interesting lol. Mine have always been white, at least I am pretty sure. Could you possibly screen shot with like a test or something?

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

There is a thread about this and how to fix it somewhere here,

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Is there something wrong if its blue?

I've wondered about this as well.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by lbkiml View Post
    Is there something wrong if its blue?
    No nothing wrong, just prefer white easier to read on black background..Anyone else notice this

Did you get any emergency alert text?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I thought blue was for messages that have not been responded to, but I don't think that's correct.

There is a bug with the phone where if you have any emergency messages in your text message list it will cause the other messages to be blue. Delete the emergency message and restart your messaging app it should be fixed.

Global Posts
    4,348 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had received a few emergency text messages in regards to Hurricane Issac - my text messages (names) turned blue after I received them. I deleted the emergency text but the blue remained until I deleted the blue names texts. No issues since.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Graphixx30 View Post
    There is a bug with the phone where if you have any emergency messages in your text message list it will cause the other messages to be blue. Delete the emergency message and restart your messaging app it should be fixed.
    Yes I did recieve that same alert. due to hurricane issac.. I deleted the alert then went into application manager forcestopped the messaging app and cleared cache, everything went back to normal.. wierd strange how an emergency alert would effect that

You probly changed something by accident. Open your message service and hit the manual setting button on bottom left of phone and go to settings, the top(first) one allows you to change the color and style of your messages.

I noticed the same thing after an emergency alert.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums