Failing at attempt to root & put CyanogenMod 10 on my S3

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
so I wanted jelly bean and i wanted it now, impatience is my biggest down fall, so i saw the video of all its features ( CyanogenMod 10 on the Samsung Galaxy S3! - YouTube ) and that was it, i was going to get it, so i followed the video of the how in the description and the first time i tried it failed, i got the message saying something link unauthorized software, please take to local VZW store, so i followed the unbrick method this one ( How to Unroot/Unbrick Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 Back to Factory! | GalaxyS3Root.com ) and it worked like a charm so after that i tried again, after emailing the person who uploaded the how to video said i needed to unlock the boot loader, done with an app and after that i got all the way to the setup with the jelly bean i was able to pull down the nice new notification bar however i was stuck at the set up wizard and every time i touched the android to begin i would get a message sating " unfortunately the setup wizard is not responding" something like that, and so i did the unroot/ un brick again and left it to be while i went to school, i came back 5 or so hours later and my phone is still on the Verizon 4glte with the color circles kept flashing and flashing and flashing and now no matter what i have done it stays on that page forever.
any help
I took it into Verizon, I know, not a very smart move, but they weren't that smart themselves and now they are sending me a new one but i am worried the guys at Samsung might see something
When i go into download mode the only thing i can control it says in the top right
Odin Mode
Product Name: SCH_1535
Custom Binary Download: Yes (1 Counts)
Current Binary: Samsung Official
Qualcom Secureboot: Enable
Any idea people im in a pickle!!!!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow it sounds like you impatience really did you in here. When you are from ICS stock ROM to Jelly Bean you really need to do your homework and make sure that you have everything in working order before hand.

You will probably need to format your phone back to start using ODIN and start all over.

In my sig below, you will find a proper guide on how to flash ROMs to your phone as well as a CM10 guide. Follow both and you shouldn't have any issues getting CM10 on your phone.

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow it sounds like you impatience really did you in here. When you are from ICS stock ROM to Jelly Bean you really need to do your homework and make sure that you have everything in working order before hand.

You will probably need to format your phone back to start using ODIN and start all over.

In my sig below, you will find a proper guide on how to flash ROMs to your phone as well as a CM10 guide. Follow both and you shouldn't have any issues getting CM10 on your phone.

i felt pretty safe doing it, MKBHD has over 50,000 subscribers recommended it, the video itself had no angery comments, i already tried using odin

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
i felt pretty safe doing it, MKBHD has over 50,000 subscribers recommended it, the video itself had no angery comments, i already tried using odin

I have never trusted videos on this sort of thing. Always found it safer to go the hard way and research everything fully.

Where is your phone right now? Can you boot it up to the stock OS?

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
it is with me right now, no i can only boot into download mode or try and start it up as it normally would but it gets stuck on the Verizon boot animation

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have never trusted videos on this sort of thing. Always found it safer to go the hard way and research everything fully.

Where is your phone right now? Can you boot it up to the stock OS?

you are right, i did tons and tons of searching for my old phone that i did successfully and my friends phone, i guess i got a little cocky

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
you are right, i did tons and tons of searching for my old phone that i did successfully and my friends phone, i guess i got a little cocky

We all get there, your not the only one lol.

Follow my guide here to restore yourself back to 100% stock... http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...5-guide-restore-back-clean-factory-stock.html

This should allow you to go back to stock as if you just opened your box from Verizon. Once you do that let me know to make sure you are okay.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
your telling me, ive been flipping out! lol

I bricked my Galaxy Nexus more times than I can count and bricked my Nexus 7 a couple times already so I guess I am use to the feeling but if this is one of the first times you have bricked a device yea its a little scary. Good test for your nerves though!

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't sweat it's man. Simply boot into recovery, wipe the big 3, reflash. If that doesn't work just download a different nightly (I believe r16-r23 were more stable) and try again.

These issues aren't uncommon and aren't a dead end. Worst case scenario is that you'll have to Odin back to stock/rooted and unlock your bootloader.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Fixed I had flashed the stock rom back on a number of times but I had never cleared data and did a factory reset so that's what I had been overlooking...
Thanks everyone for your help
Saved me a lot of time and money lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy