Weird problems

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So the last day or so I've had some issues leading up to what I think will need a factory reset.

The battery has been draining MUCH quicker the last 2 days than it has ever. I haven't downloaded anything new and haven't "used" it differently.

It's been very sluggish, sometimes not registering my actions for a half second or longer.

In the last 2 hours it was doing that to what it's doing now: pretty much nothing. The screen doesn't wake up with the power button or the home button when I push either. When it finally goes to the home screen it doesn't register my swiping so it doesn't unlock, which leads to the screen going off again.

I plugged it into my PC hoping I could figure it out. Now it cycles through the screen being on, it saying it's plugged in, then the screen goes out and a few minutes later my phone and my PC says it's connected again.

When it plugs into my pc it now says Hardware ID missing and i need to contact the phone manufacturer...

Any ideas? I'm thinking it's somehow broken and I'll need a new one :(

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea... Have to tired just a restart if it will let you or a battery pull? Otherwise try clearing the ram that may help.

A factory reset may be the quickest way to fix it. If that doesn't work then usually that means new phone time :-(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it's haunted.

Seriously, do a factory reset. If issues persist than exchange it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've tried everything but a factory reset. Since I can't use the phone for anything I can't even clear the ram.

I'm gonna take it into verizon tomorrow morning and have them fix it. The phone is way too knew for me to have to buy a new one. They'll fix it. haha

EDIT
I did the hard reboot and so far it seems to have worked. Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. I might still stop at verizon over the next few days and ask if they know why it did that. Knowing how they work, i'm gonna guess they'll have no clue...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance