Signal strength

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone get like reallllly bad service in like buildings?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

service is usually worse in buildings. with that said, my gs3 gets decent service even indoors. not perfect, but close to my razr maxx and rezound. I even get signal in an underground concrete parking structure. others on att & tmo don't get signal there. of course, it is a very weak signal, but i did get signal and was able to make calls and to send and receive data.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I agree with that. I am getting just as good signal as when I had a RAZR Maxx and better than a Galaxy Nexus. Service in buildings is going to spotty so its not just going to be based on your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

walkingrock

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
service is usually worse in buildings. with that said, my gs3 gets decent service even indoors. not perfect, but close to my razr maxx and rezound. I even get signal in an underground concrete parking structure. others on att & tmo don't get signal there. of course, it is a very weak signal, but i did get signal and was able to make calls and to send and receive data.

I've had my S3 for 2 months. I've tweaked around with it. When my work moved to it's current building, I had ATT. The service was nearly nonesistant. It was especially poor in my location...in the basement, not surprising. I checked with the construction peeps, they said Verizon got the best reception. I paid the fee and left ATT early for Verizon. Got surprisingly reasonable service, even in the basement; without doubt much superior to all other cell providers. I started out with a BB Storm (the original one). I had been using the BB 8800 through ATT previously. Although, I had all kinds of issues with the Storm (reminds me of learning with that device, what I'm going through with this device), I got good reception (in my present work location). The last 2 years I have been using a Droid2 in my building, loved it, no problems, until it started acting weird (towards end of my 2 yr contract). So I decided to reup my contract and get a new phone. Got the S3. I have been extremely disapointed with the reception in my work location. Pretty much non-existant, like my ATT phone was. Yes, I can get on the wi-fi in the building, which is limited in what it will allow me to do; but the phone reception is only so-so, and rarely can get online via the Verizon network. It does work fine in other locations, and I love the screen. Didn't know enough about how the phone worked to return it within 2 weeks; but would now get another device, knowing what I know. So Sad! :'(

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084