Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Default Re: [Verizon] "OFFICIAL" JellyBean Speculation

Some pf you guys sound plan silly ....like Verizon is just trying to **** the folks off on the android central forums .....smh....if you want stuff pushed out fast get off Verizon....Verizon is known for quality...so if you want company that does extensive checks and balances ...that's what you have....it sucks to wait but you knew that...

I expect JB within a 2 week window of the rest of the US carries

Sent from my GS3....

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the1m.polo View Post
    if you want stuff pushed out fast get off Verizon....Verizon is known for quality...so if you want company that does extensive checks and balances ...that's what you have...
    I have to disagree with you there. My observation is that every move by Verizon is calculated to extract more money from its customers. Sure their network is robust and that's why I'm a proud customer, but the software that makes a phone "quality" has nothing to do with them. In fact, Verizon is directly responsible for hurting Android's quality because they bloat their ROMs with dozens of force-ware apps that use system resources and just simply get in the way. And it can't be a coincidence that software updates for older feature phones are NEVER released until after the buzz/hype from newer feature phones dies down. Of course there is no way to prove it, but I would almost be willing to bet my life that Verizon is sitting on a perfectly usable Jelly Bean ROM for the GS3 as I type this. Why? Because of the iPhone5 and the new RAZR's. They always want you buying the newest, most expensive, and most up-to-date phone.

Another good example is last year when they revised their return policy from 30 days to 14 days so they can announce and push out newer and better phones closer together without any blowback. Shortly thereafter, they eliminated unlimited data and they are doing whatever they can to put people into tiered data contracts. The insane part of it all is that LTE is just taking off -- More and more people are quickly realizing the 2GB tier is a joke. The need for more data and more expensive tiers will only grow as people discover they can use and very quickly exceed 2GB when they FTP, VPN, media stream, e-mail, torrent, navigate, network, tether, etcetera. Why even buy a smart phone if you can't freely do these things without worrying about getting overcharged for exceeding your data allowance? $149.99 used to be the ceiling for a brand new feature phone -- now it starts at $199.99 and goes all over the place in the 249.99-299.99-399.99 range. They are essentially ripping people off by overcharging for expanded storage capacity.

Like I said, I love the Verizon network because it's reliable and robust...but it's a far cry from a consumer friendly company and it seems like they haven't done anything but interfere with the Android user experience with their delayed updates and all the force-ware they bake into their ROM. End rant!

Quote Originally Posted by Roffles View Post
    I have to disagree with you there. My observation is that every move by Verizon is calculated to extract more money from its customers. Sure their network is robust and that's why I'm a proud customer, but the software that makes a phone "quality" has nothing to do with them. In fact, Verizon is directly responsible for hurting Android's quality because they bloat their ROMs with dozens of force-ware apps that use system resources and just simply get in the way. And it can't be a coincidence that software updates for older feature phones are NEVER released until after the buzz/hype from newer feature phones dies down. Of course there is no way to prove it, but I would almost be willing to bet my life that Verizon is sitting on a perfectly usable Jelly Bean ROM for the GS3 as I type this. Why? Because of the iPhone5 and the new RAZR's. They always want you buying the newest, most expensive, and most up-to-date phone.

Another good example is last year when they revised their return policy from 30 days to 14 days so they can announce and push out newer and better phones closer together without any blowback. Shortly thereafter, they eliminated unlimited data and they are doing whatever they can to put people into tiered data contracts. The insane part of it all is that LTE is just taking off -- More and more people are quickly realizing the 2GB tier is a joke. The need for more data and more expensive tiers will only grow as people discover they can use and very quickly exceed 2GB when they FTP, VPN, media stream, e-mail, torrent, navigate, network, tether, etcetera. Why even buy a smart phone if you can't freely do these things without worrying about getting overcharged for exceeding your data allowance? $149.99 used to be the ceiling for a brand new feature phone -- now it starts at $199.99 and goes all over the place in the 249.99-299.99-399.99 range. They are essentially ripping people off by overcharging for expanded storage capacity.

Like I said, I love the Verizon network because it's reliable and robust...but it's a far cry from a consumer friendly company and it seems like they haven't done anything but interfere with the Android user experience with their delayed updates and all the force-ware they bake into their ROM. End rant!
    And Elvis and Tupac are Alive...... I mean this just sounds silly....
    They have tons of people with the GS3 and tons of them in Stock... So why wouldn't they want to sell what they already have purchased, and jelly bean would do that sell more GS3's.... I have worked for Verizon and I know they hate when you call in...Because it cost the tons of money to take your call 800#s charged per call trust me this I know.... So to prevent more calls coming in they train and test on every major release.... Any time a major update happens they train every rep who has customer contact on it before it's released... They test it to prevent your call in....They don't push it out soon as they get it...They want to provide top notch customer service check consumer reports and compare it to the companies who you feel push out updates fats...
    This company makes money cause they know how... And it's not by not updating products... When they can just run commercials for what they want to push...
    By shared data plans and fees yes.... But that has nothing to do with the GS3 and jelly bean
    Sent from my GS3....
    Thanked by 2:
    jboogie1289 likes this.

honestly just about every update ive ever got from verizon has caused me about as many problems as its fixed . ill be very very leary about updating my s3 to jelly bean . i updated to ics with my razr and it basically ruined it . my s3 works as close to perfect as ive ever had any android device work im in no hurry to chance it to a update from verizon .in fact my jelly bean device will most likely be the note2 .
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I have always found that the only way to have an update from Verizon is that when you get the notification, do a wipe, do another one, restart, then update.

I usually do not care, like right now I am already on 4.1.2....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman29 View Post
    honestly just about every update ive ever got from verizon has caused me about as many problems as its fixed . ill be very very leary about updating my s3 to jelly bean . i updated to ics with my razr and it basically ruined it . my s3 works as close to perfect as ive ever had any android device work im in no hurry to chance it to a update from verizon .in fact my jelly bean device will most likely be the note2 .
    Yep...you read my mind.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

i'm not seeing jelly bean being released until at least a while after the note 2 comes out because just like the s3 was a big deal because ics came installed the note 2 is supposed to be a big deal because it's the first phone to be launched with jelly bean.

Default Next update after HE is I535VRBLI3 which is 4.1.1 jelly bean :)

Jelly bean is coming next month verizon releases updates every month last month was G7
    This month was HE & next month is LI3 jelly bean!!

Default Re: Next update after HE is I535VRBLI3 which is 4.1.1 jelly bean :)

Wishful thinking

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Source?

Ha ha, i heard begining of next year, but i am always hopeful. You should not get peoples hopes up without providing your source. So who is it?

I have a friend who is a retention rep tell me that they are being told to advise customers that the update is coming before year end, but as we all know nothing is official until we see the change log pop up on Verizon's site :/

Quote Originally Posted by ant lee View Post
    Jelly bean is coming next month verizon releases updates every month last month was G7
    The next update being Jelly Bean is somewhat probable...but "verizon releases updates every month" is NOT a true statement.

I've been through this song and dance long enough to know not to get my hopes up when I read stuff like "update by end of the month/quarter/year/etc". If an update hasn't been released yet, that means it hasn't passed QA yet...and there's no guarantee that any software iteration will pass QA, so it's impossible to say with any certainty when an update will be available until Verizon actually publishes and releases the update. I'm sure CS reps are given a default response to provide when asked about updates, but the fact is that most of the time they know about as much as we do...if not less.

I'm not trying to be negative or anything like that...but that is the reality of it. I always say that if getting timely updates are important to you, then the best advice is to buy a (non-Verizon) Nexus device. Otherwise you should always evaluate a device on what it can do now...not what it could do with newer software, because you never know when or if that will actually happen.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by miikeyroks View Post
    I have a friend who is a retention rep tell me that they are being told to advise customers that the update is coming before year end, but as we all know nothing is official until we see the change log pop up on Verizon's site :/
    As anyone who owned a Fascinate (or many other VZW phones) will tell you, believe it when you see it. VZW reps said the same thing ("Update next month!") for 6 months about the Froyo update on the Fascinate. At the end of the day, speculation from VZW reps are worth as much as speculation on a forum.

I wouldn't be surprised to see JB next month, though!

My sister has the Galaxy Nexus with JellyBean and says you can't use Foxfi with Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by dillon24 View Post
    My sister has the Galaxy Nexus with JellyBean and says you can't use Foxfi with Jellybean
    I have read the Vzw gnex with JB works with foxfi. There is also an add-on for it also. The best install is foxfi.com/bin I believe.
    Pdanet works also.

Will there be roms with verizons Jellybean? I am rooted and won't accept the update, so just hoping I can still get Jellybean and hopefully a better radio because the reception sucks on this phone.
    Chicks Dig The Long Ball

For sure. There are some mixed JB roms for Vzw now based off of others. When a leak shows up the development will be all over it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,022 Global Posts

No, it's true. My brothers friends cousins grandmother said she knows a friend who has a cousin who's mothers sisters uncles friend works for Verizon and mentioned to their 2nd cousin that Verizon was gonna release it!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    No, it's true. My brothers friends cousins grandmother said she knows a friend who has a cousin who's mothers sisters uncles friend works for Verizon and mentioned to their 2nd cousin that Verizon was gonna release it!!!
    Now I know it's true! Thanks!!
    My history: Ericsson 628, 768, T10, T28 World, Siemens S12, Nokia 8290, 3390, Motorola C330 , V70, Ericsson T68i, Motorola v100, Accompli 009, Sony Ericsson P800, T300, T610, O2 XDA II, BlackBerry 6210, Sanyo SCP5300, SCP8100, VM4500, PM8200, MM7400, MM8300, MM9000, BlackBerry 7750, Kyocera KX18, MM-A900, SCP8400, Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Torch 9850, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC Design 4G, Nook Tablet, S3, S5, Samsung Nook, Note 4. CO's: Omnipoint, Voicestream, T-Mobile, (Amp'd for short time) Sprint, Verizon
    MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G
    LOL...you beat me to it
    MERCDROID likes this.

That would be nice ill believe it when it's on my phone.

The amazing galaxy s3

It really irritates me when people start posts like this then never return. If you are going to make comments like this, return with something to back up your statement.

Global Posts
    1,366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ant lee View Post
    Fingers crossed!

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymn25 View Post
    Will there be roms with verizons Jellybean? I am rooted and won't accept the update, so just hoping I can still get Jellybean and hopefully a better radio because the reception sucks on this phone.
    The only thing I'm hoping this update has. I can care less about anything else. It has to be some radio software update, not the physical radio itself.
    Can't use my phone in the only two places I need it.. home and work.

Quote Originally Posted by valorian View Post
    It really irritates me when people start posts like this then never return. If you are going to make comments like this, return with something to back up your statement.

Agreed.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast