[Verizon] "OFFICIAL" JellyBean Speculation

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This, to me, not necessarily confirms the Friday the 14th scenario, but certainly makes me feel a bit more confident. I am checking OTA three times a day instead of my usual two.

There's certainly no doubt that it's coming and will be arriving fairly soon.

If you like to check regularly, here's the page that Verizon revised just before issuing each of the last two updates. You can see that it still has info on the last update for now.

Software Update: Galaxy S III by Samsung - Coming Soon! | Verizon Wireless

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
There's certainly no doubt that it's coming and will be arriving fairly soon.

If you like to check regularly, here's the page that Verizon revised just before issuing each of the last two updates. You can see that it still has info on the last update for now.

Software Update: Galaxy S III by Samsung - Coming Soon! | Verizon Wireless

That link is for the current version that is out, not Jelly Bean. When you click "Benefits of Software Upgrade" it lists IMM76D.I535VRALHE which is the latest build that is available.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
That link is for the current version that is out, not Jelly Bean. When you click "Benefits of Software Upgrade" it lists IMM76D.I535VRALHE which is the latest build that is available.

Yep...that's what the guy said...He said that is the page they've been using to say when there's an update available...As in they should (based on history) update THAT page again just before JB comes out.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Noooooooooooo!

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe they're just fixing their mistakes...Like calling Google Now, Google Plus and putting up a pic showing on-screen buttons...Worst case is they got hacked and there's no update coming anytime soon.

Vin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded and installed Kies just in case, do you folks think that Verizon will allow you to upgrade that way? I believe all other upgrades were OTA.

Kies has a note, when the device is plugged in that says, "your firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies".

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded and installed Kies just in case, do you folks think that Verizon will allow you to upgrade that way? I believe all other upgrades were OTA.

Kies has a note, when the device is plugged in that says, "your firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies".

The AT&T version showed that error about "your firmware version is not supported to update via Kies", right up until the update was available. So, that is the message you will see until the update goes out.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I guess not.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
lol...the support pages show the VRALHE update again...No more Jelly Bean page. I wonder what happened?

Did anyone get the version of JB it was supposed to be before the PDF got reverted? Irritating Verizon.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the PDF and it's the VRBLK3 build.

Vin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The AT&T version showed that error about "your firmware version is not supported to update via Kies", right up until the update was available. So, that is the message you will see until the update goes out.

Thanks. . . . looks like its going to be ota based on the instructions doc.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800