[Verizon] "OFFICIAL" JellyBean Speculation
12-17-2012 06:44 PM
- Cyber WarriorRobots Will KillWith everyone's mind turning towards JellyBean, I thought it a good idea to try and keep it confined to a single thread.
Post all of your rumors, speculation, whining, complaining and disgust over how the JellyBean release is going, here.
There is no reason to post more than a single thread. When it comes out. There will be several more threads I will open for the same purpose.
Thanks09-07-2012 10:44 AMLike 4
- Knowing Verizon's track record with updates, I don't expect the official Jelly bean update until probably the middle of next year. Shoot at this point, not everyone has even gotten the VRALG1 update that a lot of people have now. I am still on the VRALF2, when a friend of mine, who bought their S3 two weeks later has it.09-07-2012 11:24 AM
- Cyber WarriorRobots Will Kill
Also with the PDK:Starting with Jelly Bean, Google will release aPDK (Product Development Kit)to Android manufacturers months before the OS is actually ready to go. This way, Google is trying to make the update process go faster, and its an idea that should work well in the long run.09-07-2012 05:35 PM
- I dont ever expect Verizon to actually "support" their devices with updates as they should. They only care about selling the next device. With the new Razrs coming out the S3 will fall to the wayside like so many others. They couldn't even get the Nexus right and let a much smaller CDMA company beat them to pushing JB out to it before them.09-08-2012 07:04 AM
- You guys have to understand something before you go any longer wondering when the update will come out. Every time I pick a phone, the updates become instantly dried up. It's all my fault and I know it. From my Blackberries to Bionic and now the S3, I seem to drive updates away better than I drove girls away in high school.
So, my prediction for Jelly Bean is going to have to be some time 4th quarter.... 2013.09-08-2012 08:53 AMLike 4
- The S3 may be Samsung's flagship device at the moment, but it is not in anyway the flagship device for Verizon. IMO Verizon has shown they care less about the S3 because it is not their "Droid" brand. Everything right now is Razr this and Razr that. That device is their flagship device.09-08-2012 11:15 AM
- The S3 may be Samsung's flagship device at the moment, but it is not in anyway the flagship device for Verizon. IMO Verizon has shown they care less about the S3 because it is not their "Droid" brand. Everything right now is Razr this and Razr that. That device is their flagship device.09-09-2012 09:21 AM
- Ok, I misspoke. Let me rephrase, Verizon picks and chooses which phones they want to support and push on customers and the S3 isn't one of them. They are all about the razr. You are right and thank you for correcting me. I had forgotten about my charge being of the "droid" brand and they pretty much crapped on that one.09-09-2012 08:08 PM
- I'm am hoping this year for JB, but it probably wont show up until the 2013 second quarter. Verizon has shown time and time again they don't care about existing customers and phone updates. If you get one update, consider yourself lucky. Actually surprised the SG3 came to Verizon at all. Still don't have the OTA VRALG1 update, even this minor update gets the Verizon middle finger.
- - - Updated - - -
I'm am hoping this year for JB, but it probably wont show up until the 2013 second quarter. Verizon has shown time and time again they don't care about existing customers and phone updates. If you get one update, consider yourself lucky. Actually surprised the SG3 came to Verizon at all. Still don't have the OTA VRALG1 update, even this minor update gets the Verizon middle finger.09-10-2012 12:00 PM
- You guys have to realize Verizon is never going to release timely updates for the GS3 or the Nexus. These are by far the best phones w.r.t dev support and having a long lifespan, thus it's in Verizon's best interests to delay updates and thus force people who have no idea about rooting to get a new phone.09-10-2012 06:33 PMLike 2
- 09-10-2012 09:16 PM
Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update confirmed for October | CNET UK09-11-2012 08:54 AM
- If anyone can provide a great response on this would be great... ok Verizon says it's manufacture that releases the updates but I've also heard that the code is particular for cdma.... and big red has to run there test to any one want to chime in? And what other carriers do cdma + galaxy s3
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums09-11-2012 10:05 AM
- Manufacturer released the update. verizon then gets it and puts it through test after test, scenario after scenario, then they load all their bloatware on it, and then start the whole process again. If they don't like how something reacts with their add on crap, then they send it back to the manufacturer, who then works on it and then sends it back to verizon, and the whole process starts again. This why we get things months after everyone else and then it is already old news. Just my take on it.....09-12-2012 04:57 AM
- 09-16-2012 02:43 PM
- Every other carrier will get it before Verizon does, that's for sure.
I've stopped relying on Verizon for software and turned to the developer community. And before that, I had Apple to supply updates. Could you imagine what the iPhone would be like if Verizon were also responsible for its updates as well?
I'm running near-stock Jelly Bean on my S3 and I'm perfectly happy. No need to rely on Verizon.09-17-2012 07:07 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Verizon Galaxy S III
[Verizon] "OFFICIAL" JellyBean Speculation
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD