GS3 Missed calls

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 bars of steady 4G & sitting at my desk I get notified of a voicemail. No notification of a missed call & wouldn't know I missed it if they didn't leave a message. Called Verizon on this last week & they were supposed to follow up with a call the next day .... no call. Today I had another missed call the same way. This guy said the other rep closed it ..... Anybody experience this ame thing with missed calls? This has happened the same way with my Bolt a couple of times too.

Thanks for any info :)

Cheers, Jon

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Have yet to experience this, but you say it happened with two phones? Might be something in the area/network that is causing a disruption? It is in the ether.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have 4 bars of steady 4G & sitting at my desk I get notified of a voicemail. No notification of a missed call & wouldn't know I missed it if they didn't leave a message. Called Verizon on this last week & they were supposed to follow up with a call the next day .... no call. Today I had another missed call the same way. This guy said the other rep closed it ..... Anybody experience this ame thing with missed calls? This has happened the same way with my Bolt a couple of times too.

Thanks for any info :)

Cheers, Jon

Not saying this happened but you can send someone a voice mail without calling them. Maybe someone tried to do that and typed your number in by accident. They could have hung up a second after your voice mail picked up and you would get a voice mail. I've left people voice mails in the past without calling them when I wanted to respond to their message and not have to talk to them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, these were calls & not just leaving a message .... ! I wouldn't even know how to do that myself, let alone my non technical brother :p

GLAT

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I get the same thing... I'll have my phone next to me and the next thing I know I get a voicemail. Also someone will call me and I have no record of a missed call but that person swears they called me... or the missed call will magically show on my list.... very weird.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've experienced this as well...person says they called, but my phone never rang nor is there a missed call in the log. If I had to guess, it's probably related to this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...9239-vzw-s3-intermittently-saying-no-sim.html

I'm assuming that if the phone can crap out when dialing out, same could happen when attempting to receive as well. Quite frustrating. I know an update was supposed to be released to fix, but of course weeks go by and no update is available.

desertdog

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen last week. Phone was setting next to me all morning then got up to go to break and find 2 voice mails from my wife.
No missed calls, and she lets it ring until it goes to voice mail. I had same problem with Samsung Facinate when I had it. Don't know if it's a
Samsung or Verizon problem.

GLAT

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it is Samsung because my last phone was the orig. Incred. and it did the same thing... Girlfriend would always give me the once over asking where I was...haha.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Heard from VZ Support today & they said they reset something about a 1X problem on their end & yesterday I got a new Simm card. We'll see if this works :)

Cheers, Jon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae