MMS Issues

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok two days in a row I have had issues sending MMS messages

The only fix is restarting my phone but I don't like that option!

When i try to attach a pic to the message it acts like it's compressing it and then it disappears and I get a File Not Supported Message...

It's really weird... cause it's pics I took on the phone..

Advice?

broom9700

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Third party apps doesn't work either. I'm having the same issue. Has to with wifi I think. If I turn off wifi it will go through. Just hate going back and forth to send mms!!! Trying to find a fix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just tested on my phone and received the same message as you: "File Not Supported Message". I then cleared out my messages containing any MMS threads ( I had a lot), or Photos and re-tried it and it worked fine. So it has something to do with a memory limit on the messaging app. The solution seems to be to clear your messages out as they take up memory and won't allow you to send an MMS message.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unless I'm sadly mistaken, you cannot send an MMS using a WiFi connection - you must have the mobile data connection enabled. You CAN have both WiFi AND data enabled at the same time, and normally only WiFi will be used, but if you perform an action that requires data (such as sending an MMS) then you'll briefly see the data connection enabled and then turn off.

But this sounds unrelated to the error that you're seeing - WiFi vs data shouldn't have any bearing on whether it can successfully compress a picture to attach it to an MMS - that's all 'pre-send' functionality.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci