Ok two days in a row I have had issues sending MMS messages
The only fix is restarting my phone but I don't like that option!
When i try to attach a pic to the message it acts like it's compressing it and then it disappears and I get a File Not Supported Message...
It's really weird... cause it's pics I took on the phone..
- 09-10-2012, 01:10 PM #2
- 09-10-2012, 01:18 PM #3
- 09-10-2012, 01:54 PM #5
Re: MMS Issues
I just tested on my phone and received the same message as you: "File Not Supported Message". I then cleared out my messages containing any MMS threads ( I had a lot), or Photos and re-tried it and it worked fine. So it has something to do with a memory limit on the messaging app. The solution seems to be to clear your messages out as they take up memory and won't allow you to send an MMS message.
- 09-10-2012, 11:22 PM #6
- 3,044 Posts
Re: MMS Issues
Unless I'm sadly mistaken, you cannot send an MMS using a WiFi connection - you must have the mobile data connection enabled. You CAN have both WiFi AND data enabled at the same time, and normally only WiFi will be used, but if you perform an action that requires data (such as sending an MMS) then you'll briefly see the data connection enabled and then turn off.
But this sounds unrelated to the error that you're seeing - WiFi vs data shouldn't have any bearing on whether it can successfully compress a picture to attach it to an MMS - that's all 'pre-send' functionality.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
- By random_robbi in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 15Last Post: 06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
- By jamesedward318 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 06-08-2010, 12:08 PM
- By Channan in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 29Last Post: 05-16-2010, 01:50 PM
- By bigmacwrap in forum HTC HeroReplies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2010, 03:31 PM
- By Droid800 in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 3Last Post: 04-30-2010, 12:59 PM