- 41 Posts
Install Stock ICS apps along side Touchwiz?
Is it possible to install the stock ICS apps alongside their touchwiz counterparts? It worked for the calculator‚ but the other ones warned about replacing a system app. I want both the Touchwiz apps and ICS apps installed at the same time‚ not replacing each other.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
- 09-14-2012, 10:17 AM #2Mr Fix-It
- 2,212 Posts
- Stock Rooted
Re: Install Stock ICS apps along side Touchwiz?
Typically this isn't possible as the applications share the same namespace. Certain apps won't overlap, I think the stock browser and vanilla Android browser are named differently for example. But in order to achieve your goal, one or the other app would need to be re-compiled with a different name.“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
- By javier180 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2012, 11:44 AM
- By andrew_bourgeois_11 in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 0Last Post: 08-05-2012, 02:20 PM
- By e30ernest in forum T-Mobile Nexus SReplies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2012, 09:55 PM
- By Galane in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2012, 02:29 AM
- By bcroft in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 3Last Post: 12-11-2010, 03:38 PM