Awesome new Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. iPhone 5 ad

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the ad is terrible. I love my s3 but that ad is nothing short of childish. They should advertise the s3 and its features but there is a higher road in which to do so. I hope this is a hoax. I expect that kind of campain from politicians.

I chose the s3 based on solid information and reviews i don't want spin and fanboy advertising.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Great way to insult the very people you are trying to convince to buy your product with that tagline. Might as well have just said "if you buy an iphone, you're ignorant, brainwashed, superficial, and an isheep".

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Its samsung, they make everything from tv's to refrigerators to parts for the iphone. They are pissed at apple. You think they really care about not converting a few customers to there phone.
Besides apple really did it to themselves on this phone. Just look at the ad there phone is already outdated and it hasent even hit the shelves yet.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Might as well have just said "if you buy an iphone, you're ignorant, brainwashed, superficial, and an isheep".

That's the way I would put it. I see no good reason to buy an iPhone outside of "it will impress my friends because they refuse to learn any more than I do."

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Whatever people like is what matters. I have a GS3 as well, but know the iPhone 5 will destroy sales records. The software and hardware ecosystem is compelling for a lot of people.

Frankly, if Android and the GS3 did not support micro sd cards and all the great emulators, I would get the iPhone 5. Android is slowly losing differentiation, with Flash being a first casualty and Android's own Nexus brand foregoing micro sd slots.

From a practical perspective, My iPad 3 performs a lot better than my TF300 and the same apps/games for both devices play better on the iPad. Heck, the same games play better on my iPod 4 than the GS3. Gameloft games are an example, but this is perhaps more to do with a lot of lazy ports from iOS.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Whatever people like is what matters. I have a GS3 as well, but know the iPhone 5 will destroy sales records. The software and hardware ecosystem is compelling for a lot of people.

Frankly, if Android and the GS3 did not support micro sd cards and all the great emulators, I would get the iPhone 5. Android is slowly losing differentiation, with Flash being a first casualty and Android's own Nexus brand foregoing micro sd slots.

From a practical perspective, My iPad 3 performs a lot better than my TF300 and the same apps/games for both devices play better on the iPad. Heck, the same games play better on my iPod 4 than the GS3. Gameloft games are an example, but this is perhaps more to do with a lot of lazy ports from iOS.

Personally I got a kick out the ad, but to each their own. What some of you refuse to acknowledge is that ad is not a lie. @rackness said they should advertise the S3, the way I see it, they did......they just did it in a way you don't like.

@rushmore When did an *i* device ever support flash? Nexus brand foregoing micro sd.....? Isn't that what so many are screaming the "cloud" is for? I don't want a device that doesn't allow for external storage but there's many who'd give their right arm just to say they own a Nexus and will accept whatever changes Google deems to make.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Great way to insult the very people you are trying to convince to buy your product with that tagline. Might as well have just said "if you buy an iphone, you're ignorant, brainwashed, superficial, and an isheep".

Well to be fair most people who own an iPhone don't exactly give us a reason to not call them those things. Some do bit the majority fit that description pretty well.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I think the ad is terrible. I love my s3 but that ad is nothing short of childish. They should advertise the s3 and its features but there is a higher road in which to do so. I hope this is a hoax. I expect that kind of campain from politicians.

I chose the s3 based on solid information and reviews i don't want spin and fanboy advertising.

How is this anymore childish than the mud slinging the carriers themselves do? With AT&T saying they cover 2,000 more cities in "Faux-G" than Verizon. Verizon wasn't able to rebrand their 3G network as 4G due to technical limitations. It is what it is..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs