Checking for updates! Service unavailable

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
So a new SIM card is the only way to fix this issue? What caused this problem in the first place?

From my personal experience a new SIM card was the only fix. I tried the suggested fixes mentioned in earlier posts including several factory resets to no avail.
I don't know if anybody knows what caused the problem as Verizon phone support or in store employees were not aware of this problem, but I can tell you that I didnt have this issue till after I took the last update VRALG7.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I just went to the Verizon store and the rep wouldn't replace the card. She said I'm getting 4G service so they won't swap it out. I explained what the issue was and she said they won't swap it out because there's no update available. So I asked if in a month let's say, JB is released will they replace it. She said yes. So stupid.

Anyway I called customer care a d they are sending a replacement

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I just went to the Verizon store and the rep wouldn't replace the card.

Very lame on her part !!! Maybe you should of directed her to this forum and thread so she could of read about the problem and solution and learned something. Then again if she wasn't willing to replace your SIM then she probably didn't want to bother with learning something today.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
She didn't even bring up my account. I told her I spoke to customer care before and there was a note in my account to replace the sim. She said it's policy not to replace it if there isn't a perceived problem.

Let's not worry about keeping the customer happy. If it's work its not worth it for them.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
She didn't even bring up my account. I told her I spoke to customer care before and there was a note in my account to replace the sim. She said it's policy not to replace it if there isn't a perceived problem.

Let's not worry about keeping the customer happy. If it's work its not worth it for them.

I'd say it's time to deal with someone else. Eff her in the neck.

Galperins4

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay weird. I've had the service unavailable since Sept 29 and I just checked for fun and I'm back in business with no update available message. No sim card swap out at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay weird. I've had the service unavailable since Sept 29 and I just checked for fun and I'm back in business with no update available message. No sim card swap out at all.

My last successful connection was on Sept 29th... Maybe something happened on their side that'd day

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Was getting update service unavailable till this morning, update was there. I rejected it till I know more about it.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe it's been unsuccessful for 3 weeks and no one I talked to at Verizon knew anything about it. And then one morning its suddenly resolved. It had to be on their side.