Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) does not recognize Samsung Galaxy S3

Are you guys sure this is not simply a driver issue.

My wife was having heaps of trouble connecting her Galaxy S3 to our Mac (10.8.2).

I finally solved it with this solution:

1. Install Kies (I did this with the unzip package trick mentioned earlier in this thread)
    2. Open Kies and Click Tools>Install Driver

This seems to solve the issue of Kies not connecting and with Android File Transfer not detecting a device. It would also explain why some have trouble and others not (if the driver had previously been installed)

On a side note to Dog5000 - your method of using USB Mass Storage was available on the Galaxy S2 - but no longer on the S3. It seems Samsung have gone completely to MTP with no Mass Storage option...

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jez_tranter View Post
    Are you guys sure this is not simply a driver issue.

My wife was having heaps of trouble connecting her Galaxy S3 to our Mac (10.8.2).

I finally solved it with this solution:

1. Install Kies (I did this with the unzip package trick mentioned earlier in this thread)
    2. Open Kies and Click Tools>Install Driver

This seems to solve the issue of Kies not connecting and with Android File Transfer not detecting a device. It would also explain why some have trouble and others not (if the driver had previously been installed)

On a side note to Dog5000 - your method of using USB Mass Storage was available on the Galaxy S2 - but no longer on the S3. It seems Samsung have gone completely to MTP with no Mass Storage option...
    Cool. That's what I thought when Qeeg500 posted the details. Nice reminder about installing the drivers. I moved Kies over to my Windows 7 VM. As long as the VM is not running I should be fine.

You should utilize either the Google Music cloud (which allows for you to store 20,000 in their cloud for free) or the download the doubletwist player and the $4.99 doubletwist airsync app. I would go with Google Music because you access all your music library from any browser on any computer.

I think if you go to , then you can download the file, open it, and it will work. Hope this helps you. Also, if that doesn't work, I hear Kies is pretty good.
    Last edited by kocharlotteko; 04-06-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks for the suggestion (AirDroid). It works perfectly. I was starting to freak out after installing a lot of others applications and neither of them worked for me. But AirDroid is great. Thanks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestion (AirDroid). It works perfectly. I was starting to freak out after installing a lot of others applications and neither of them worked for me. But AirDroid is great. Thanks!!!

LOOOOOL
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123