Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: If you could, would you jump from the SG3 to the Note 2??

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckNet View Post
    If you have a SG3, would you leave it for the note 2? If so why? I'm a iphoner who is making the jump and leaning heavily towards the sg3. Or I was. Is the note just to big??
    I was in the same situation as you. I had the Iphone 4 and read the reviews on the Phablet (Note 2) verses the S3. Some of the added functionality of the Note 2 were appealing such as handwriting recognition, being able to write on the phone, using the magnetic stylus for previewing emails, etc... I came from the Iphone 4 and before that i had the DROID X.

I did look at the Note2 at Walmart and compared it to the S3. The size really is not that much bigger. I am not sure if the battery can hold a charge as long as the S3 can. I would think with the Note2, you probably need to charge it at least 2 times in a day. Cases were more fitted towards a tablet which was a turn off.

The S3 is a wonderful unit compared to the Iphone. My feeling and decision was that if I wanted a tablet, I would by the Galaxy Note 10.1 or the Nexus 7 before I bought the Note 2. To me when I look at what I want from a phone, the S3 has it. When I look at what the Note2 has over the S3, there is not enough added benefits to go with the larger screen or the added features.
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Yea I have gone down to look at the GS3 at VZ and I think I am going in that directional also. Plenty big. Thanks for the help.
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Any ideas on how to overcome the lack of flash support on note2? If no flash i may not be able to justify giving my current tab to the wife in lieu of the phab. If another browser can add it then I am leaning towards the note2.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Nope too big even though that quad core + lte is very enticing

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by hammey22 View Post
    Any ideas on how to overcome the lack of flash support on note2? If no flash i may not be able to justify giving my current tab to the wife in lieu of the phab. If another browser can add it then I am leaning towards the note2.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums
    Wait until your sites update to html5 unless some awesome dev is willing to continue where adobe left off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    Naw...S3 is just the right size for me.
    ^ This. I don't want a tablet that makes phone calls lol.

Global Posts
    757 Global Posts

I find that the SIII is already a bit to big for one handed operation. I don't want a phablet. I already have a tablet.
    I would like to have a stylus interface though.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

S3 is perfect size for me.
    I liked the Note's stylus and SNote app so I ended up getting the Note 10.1 and it works great for me. And most likely cheaper than the retail price of the Note 2.

I would as long as the battery is pretty good. I just bought a nexus 7 and have a galaxy s3. It would be nice to mash those two into one and i feel like the note would achieve that
    Droid Incredible
    Rooted with Unrevoked 3.21
    S-Off
    Skyraider Vanilla Rom RC3
    KingxKernal #5/#5 Falling Up
    Linpack: 38.66
    Quadrant: 1710 <--- now thats incredible
    karsdroid likes this.

I am for sure upgrading to Note 2! Been waiting for the Note to come out on Verizon but never did so decided to wait for the S3. By the time S3 came out, there were rumors that the Note 2 was coming out in Verizon. Feels like I've been waiting forever for this phone!
    converted
    iPhone 4 ---> Galaxy S3
    hopefully.. Galaxy S3 ---> Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by glassygurl View Post
    I am for sure upgrading to Note 2! Been waiting for the Note to come out on Verizon but never did so decided to wait for the S3. By the time S3 came out, there were rumors that the Note 2 was coming out in Verizon. Feels like I've been waiting forever for this phone!
    any speculation as to how much it would cost off contract?
    Droid Incredible
    S-Off

My wife is gonna jump to the note 2 but 4.8 is plenty phone for me!

sent from my SGS 3 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckNet View Post
    If you have a SG3, would you leave it for the note 2? If so why? I'm a iphoner who is making the jump and leaning heavily towards the sg3. Or I was. Is the note just to big??
    It's personal preference

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

S3 is the right size. Like most others I already have a tablet I dont need a phablet. I was hanging out at my buddys house and a guy came over that had a note and it wasnt too much bigger than the s3. But too use it he would always lay it flat just to do anything meaningful. Then I put the phone up to my ear and it felt like the first generation cellphone with the huge antenna lol. It isnt for everybody, namely me.

i can't wait.....i was willing to pay full price to keep my unlimited data, but when i went online to "simulate" upgrading a phone on my plan it let me keep my original plan. I'm just hating to wait until November...boooo

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    i can't wait.....i was willing to pay full price to keep my unlimited data, but when i went online to "simulate" upgrading a phone on my plan it let me keep my original plan. I'm just hating to wait until November...boooo
    Don't be shocked when you upgrade and your plan changes..... Ijs

we'll see....like i say, i'm willing to shell out full price for my toys just to keep the unlimited data....

Before I bought my S3 I got a Nexus 7 and to be honest nothing compares to the snappy beautiful stock UI it comes with. A locked bootloader is a pretty big turn off. I'd recommend that if your caught in the middle of deciding go with the S3 and look into the Nexus 7 its honestly one of my best investments I love it and my S3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rflor31 View Post
    Before I bought my S3 I got a Nexus 7 and to be honest nothing compares to the snappy beautiful stock UI it comes with. A locked bootloader is a pretty big turn off. I'd recommend that if your caught in the middle of deciding go with the S3 and look into the Nexus 7 its honestly one of my best investments I love it and my S3.
    and if you have unlimited data you can just root your s3 and tether the tablet the entire time while you are walking around
    Droid Incredible
    S-Off

I'd definitely would trade to the Note 2. The extra size would be welcome for pda functions, and I use my flip phone for telephone calls anyways.

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts

Not for me. I think the S3 is perfect for me!

I am on the fence about this one. While I really wanted the Note but since Verizon never got it I was stuck. I love the GS3, its a pretty awesome device even after running Jelly Bean. That being said, I am close to being off contract with Verizon and I am considering jumping ship to another carrier. Wether that occurs or not I will be deciding between the Note 2 or the new Nexus device whenever that comes out. I had the Galaxy Nexus and will always want a Nexus when a new one comes available.

Basically to answer the question in short, yes I would if I stay with Verizon since I highly doubt big red is getting another Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayr View Post
    and if you have unlimited data you can just root your s3 and tether the tablet the entire time while you are walking around
    You don't have to root to tether your GS3. Foxfi is a free wifi tethering app and doesn't require root. I tether to my tablet and laptop at the same time.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

If I can figure out a way, I will switch. I love my S3 but the Note 2 just seems to be a bigger better version. If I can figure out how to swing the money aspect I will probably switch.

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Quote Originally Posted by leroybrute View Post
    You don't have to root to tether your GS3. Foxfi is a free wifi tethering app and doesn't require root. I tether to my tablet and laptop at the same time.
    You don't have to download an app for that either. Settings>MoreSettings>Tethering and portable hotspot. Works just fine with my HP TouchPad.

As for the OP question, I'm pretty happy with my SGS3, had it a month, and don't feel a real need to keep looking at the newest, latest, greatest phones that keep coming out. Sure it may be a better phone, but I have a good phone, and no phone envy. It's just the nature of the market. Newer, bigger, better, faster comes out all the time. Why put yourself through phone envy?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast