If you could, would you jump from the SG3 to the Note 2??

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I am tempted. I love my S3. But, huge display, S-Pen, h/w, JB etc is appealing.
Downside? Have to buy at retail to keep my unlimited data on VZW.

S3 would pass to one of the 2 TBolt users on my account. That would create another issue. :-(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I transitioned from the iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S3. The larger screen size, openness, and customization are a few things I like. I would consider the Note 2 but having recently upgraded means I'd have to pay full price to keep my unlimited plan. I do miss a stylus having used many generations of older Windows phones. I'm considering getting an S pen but don't see the practicality for carrying around an S pen without a built in slot in the S3 to hold it. This being said I have no regrets moving to the S3.

PamelaBB

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't because the note is just too big to use as a phone for me. The s3 is already a little too wide for me to use comfortably.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind trading my S3 for a Note2. The screen for the S3 is nice, but I wouldn't mind having something bigger that I can use to also read and browse around the house. I've been thinking of getting a tablet and the Note2 seems ideal for just that.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have a SG3, would you leave it for the note 2? If so why? I'm a iphoner who is making the jump and leaning heavily towards the sg3. Or I was. Is the note just to big??

I was in the same situation as you. I had the Iphone 4 and read the reviews on the Phablet (Note 2) verses the S3. Some of the added functionality of the Note 2 were appealing such as handwriting recognition, being able to write on the phone, using the magnetic stylus for previewing emails, etc... I came from the Iphone 4 and before that i had the DROID X.

I did look at the Note2 at Walmart and compared it to the S3. The size really is not that much bigger. I am not sure if the battery can hold a charge as long as the S3 can. I would think with the Note2, you probably need to charge it at least 2 times in a day. Cases were more fitted towards a tablet which was a turn off.

The S3 is a wonderful unit compared to the Iphone. My feeling and decision was that if I wanted a tablet, I would by the Galaxy Note 10.1 or the Nexus 7 before I bought the Note 2. To me when I look at what I want from a phone, the S3 has it. When I look at what the Note2 has over the S3, there is not enough added benefits to go with the larger screen or the added features.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea I have gone down to look at the GS3 at VZ and I think I am going in that directional also. Plenty big. Thanks for the help.

hammey22

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Any ideas on how to overcome the lack of flash support on note2? If no flash i may not be able to justify giving my current tab to the wife in lieu of the phab. If another browser can add it then I am leaning towards the note2.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas on how to overcome the lack of flash support on note2? If no flash i may not be able to justify giving my current tab to the wife in lieu of the phab. If another browser can add it then I am leaning towards the note2.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Wait until your sites update to html5 unless some awesome dev is willing to continue where adobe left off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I find that the SIII is already a bit to big for one handed operation. I don't want a phablet. I already have a tablet.
I would like to have a stylus interface though.

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
S3 is perfect size for me.
I liked the Note's stylus and SNote app so I ended up getting the Note 10.1 and it works great for me. And most likely cheaper than the retail price of the Note 2.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I would as long as the battery is pretty good. I just bought a nexus 7 and have a galaxy s3. It would be nice to mash those two into one and i feel like the note would achieve that

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I am for sure upgrading to Note 2! Been waiting for the Note to come out on Verizon but never did so decided to wait for the S3. By the time S3 came out, there were rumors that the Note 2 was coming out in Verizon. Feels like I've been waiting forever for this phone!

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am for sure upgrading to Note 2! Been waiting for the Note to come out on Verizon but never did so decided to wait for the S3. By the time S3 came out, there were rumors that the Note 2 was coming out in Verizon. Feels like I've been waiting forever for this phone!

any speculation as to how much it would cost off contract?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
S3 is the right size. Like most others I already have a tablet I dont need a phablet. I was hanging out at my buddys house and a guy came over that had a note and it wasnt too much bigger than the s3. But too use it he would always lay it flat just to do anything meaningful. Then I put the phone up to my ear and it felt like the first generation cellphone with the huge antenna lol. It isnt for everybody, namely me.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i can't wait.....i was willing to pay full price to keep my unlimited data, but when i went online to "simulate" upgrading a phone on my plan it let me keep my original plan. I'm just hating to wait until November...boooo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood