Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If you could, would you jump from the SG3 to the Note 2??

If you have a SG3, would you leave it for the note 2? If so why? I'm a iphoner who is making the jump and leaning heavily towards the sg3. Or I was. Is the note just to big??
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Default Re: If you could, would you jump from the SG3 to the Note 2??

I would be tempted to jump to the Note 2 if there was no price impact.

First off, I love my S3. The battery life is phenomenal - with average use, I usually have 40-50% left at the end of the day (from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM). The camera is awesome. There is a ton of development if you decide to go into the rooting/ROMing scene. The screen is really nice, too, and my signal has been comparable with my old Thunderbolt. In short, I love this phone.

Why then would I switch to the Note 2? It basically boils down to two things. I'm a pretty big guy (6'3") with large hands, so I don't think the size would bother me and the extra screen real estate would be nice. The second reason is the stylus. I think it'd be really handy to have that for tasks like technical sketches on the fly, and it could be pretty handy for photo editing, too. Basically, it'd be nice to have the option to have a finer input option for times when you need it.
    Give me enough time and I'll think of something clever...
    Thanked by:
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Naw...S3 is just the right size for me.
    BrianTufo likes this.

I have the Note now and absolutely love it! My buddy has the S3 and it's a great phone that's pretty big itself, but I'm telling you, once I used my Note for about a day, everything else (including and S3) seems sub-par. What I like most about the note is that, although the size specs are not much different from the S3, it's quite a bit wider - making it much more effective for taking notes using the S-Pen than the S3.
    Thanked by:

OMG!! This is the biggest dilemma going on in my life right now. I have a job, house, wife, and kids, but the biggest decision in my life right now is if I should upgrade my SG3 to the Note. A little help please!!!!! I'm going crazy.
    Thanked by 2:
    worldsoutro and ngb802 like this.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

The Note 2 does come with Jelly Bean, who knows how long it will be before we get Jelly Bean on the SG3.

Probably not. The Note is too big for me.

Power-wise, meh. They are both really fast phones. Deffinately buy the one that has a form factor that fits your needs. Don't pick one or the other based on the specs, as that won't have nearly as big of an impact on your usage of it compared to the size difference.

-Suntan
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by tsweeney77 View Post
    OMG!! This is the biggest dilemma going on in my life right now. I have a job, house, wife, and kids, but the biggest decision in my life right now is if I should upgrade my SG3 to the Note. A little help please!!!!! I'm going crazy.
    Thanks for he feedback. I'm upgradable in October. In the same boat as you TSweeny!
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Oh, I'm going to get the Note 2 - I'm a self confessed phone *****.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Nope! I dont want a tablet/phone. I just want a phone! Plus I like the size of the S3 personally;y. But the Note 2 has some pretty bad *** hardware!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Don't think I would make the jump to a phablet. For a phone, the size of the SGS3 is perfect. If I want/need something bigger I'll go with the Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
    1%er

I was thinking about not getting a SGS3 and waiting for the Note 2 but I was at Costco and held the Note 1. Just way too big for everyday use and I am 6'4" with basketball palming sized hands.

The ideal thing would be to have both and swap my phone number between them based on what I want to do. Maybe have the Note 2 for usage at home or in the car and the SGS3 for everywhere else. I can't imagine how I would carry a phone as big as the Note2 without a dorky belt clip.

Nope, only reason with the otterbox my phone barely fits in my pocket. If I had the note i would have to carry it in my hand everywhere. To big in my opinion

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Somethings to keep in mind -

1. Its very easy to get used to a bigger phone. I thought my Evo 4G was big, until I got the S3, and now the Evo feels small. I've no doubt I could get used to the Note 2.
    2. Verizon Note 2 will have a locked bootloader. There's no guarantee it will get unlocked, and if it does it could take months. This is a big deal to me because its the only way we'll get updates.

I switched from an iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy SII but I'm considering the Note 2 when I'm due an upgrade in next May but there will be a whole different range of handsets available then.

In short, yes if my contract allowed me.

would really like the note 2 but will wait and see what the real world reception is if no better than s3 no reason to jump

Nope, already have a tablet and a phone.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Nope.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The note to me is nice but simply far too big. The galaxy s3 is good enough for me to the point where I do not need a galaxy note.

Not much different save a few features.

Sent From Shock's Samsung GS3

No i wouldnt... i mean the reason i didn't get the original note was because I was planning on getting a tablet so having something as big as a note And a tablet seemed redundant. I wouldnt say its too big though i mean after 3 months now my gs3 seems small or normal sized... doesnt feel huge anymore. Im sure it would be the same story with note..

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

I am tempted. I love my S3. But, huge display, S-Pen, h/w, JB etc is appealing.
    Downside? Have to buy at retail to keep my unlimited data on VZW.

S3 would pass to one of the 2 TBolt users on my account. That would create another issue. :-(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

I transitioned from the iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S3. The larger screen size, openness, and customization are a few things I like. I would consider the Note 2 but having recently upgraded means I'd have to pay full price to keep my unlimited plan. I do miss a stylus having used many generations of older Windows phones. I'm considering getting an S pen but don't see the practicality for carrying around an S pen without a built in slot in the S3 to hold it. This being said I have no regrets moving to the S3.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I wouldn't because the note is just too big to use as a phone for me. The s3 is already a little too wide for me to use comfortably.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    6,694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

No note for me either .The S3 is as big of an phone that I want .
    BAMA74 likes this.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I wouldn't mind trading my S3 for a Note2. The screen for the S3 is nice, but I wouldn't mind having something bigger that I can use to also read and browse around the house. I've been thinking of getting a tablet and the Note2 seems ideal for just that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast